Digital Coaxial to Optical converter

leo2575

Hi Guys,

I have a Mi Tv 4X pro , Yamaha 5.1 receiver and a Tata Sky HD Box. Since both my TS HD box & receiver had optical output/input it was all good.

Recently i purchased an Amazon firestick 4k and plugged it to my TV's HDMI and able to see 4k content. But the downside is the firestick doesn't have an audio out and i had to route my TV's audio to my receiver using a digital coaxial cable [bcos my Tv (2 years old model doesn't have an optical out :() and my 8 years old receiver doesn't have HDMI support].

The issue i am facing is , i don't get 5.1 Dolby Digital and only PCM. There was an option in the TV to toggle between PCM and Digital Pass-through , but nothing happened. Not sure if its the issue with the TV, the cable or something else.

I found this on Amazon Digital Coaxial to Optical Converter . not sure if this will help .

Tips/Suggestions/Solutions from Mi TV users who have faced similar issue will really be helpful.

Thanks

What's the audio format have you set in Firestick? Make sure it's set to Best Available.

What's the audio format have you set in Firestick? Make sure it's set to Best Available.
i tried all options but no use. Set it to best available, dolby digital plus, dolby digital but all i get is PCM in the receiver.

i tried all options but no use. Set it to best available, dolby digital plus, dolby digital but all i get is PCM in the receiver.
At the TV you tried with digital pass-through as well right? I am wondering if your TV supports S/PDIF Coaxial. Check the specifications once and also bring your TV/AVR to latest firmware if possible.

Last edited:
At the TV you tried with digital pass-through as well right?
Yes.. It could be a TV port issue as well,. not sure how to test.. Hmm , let me check if my Tata Sky HD box has a coaxial output and see if i am able to get 5.1 output , atleast i can eliminate the issue ( TV or Cable)

Hi Guys,

I have a Mi Tv 4X pro , Yamaha 5.1 receiver and a Tata Sky HD Box. Since both my TS HD box & receiver had optical output/input it was all good.

Recently i purchased an Amazon firestick 4k and plugged it to my TV's HDMI and able to see 4k content. But the downside is the firestick doesn't have an audio out and i had to route my TV's audio to my receiver using a digital coaxial cable [bcos my Tv (2 years old model doesn't have an optical out :() and my 8 years old receiver doesn't have HDMI support].

The issue i am facing is , i don't get 5.1 Dolby Digital and only PCM. There was an option in the TV to toggle between PCM and Digital Pass-through , but nothing happened. Not sure if its the issue with the TV, the cable or something else.

I found this on Amazon Digital Coaxial to Optical Converter . not sure if this will help .

Tips/Suggestions/Solutions from Mi TV users who have faced similar issue will really be helpful.

Thanks
There are HDMI converters available which take out the audio as an optical out along with an HDMI out 4K as well ..check out Amazon.

Update .. Mi Tv Coaxial output doesn't dish out dolby digital 5.1. I tried the convertor but it was no use.

There are HDMI converters available which take out the audio as an optical out along with an HDMI out 4K as well ..check out Amazon.
This is exactly the one i have.. I connected my Firestick and able to split the audio via a optical out. But it doesn't output 4K to the TV and downgrades to 1080p which is a bummer as i have the 4K Firestick and 4K TV. If i connect the Firestick directly to TV, i am able to get 4K but loosing out on the 5.1 output..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back