Digital optical to usb cble

gs1

I am using Yamaha CD changer with usb type 2 input and RCA output. This cd player has a good quality DAC. It does not have an optical input. I want to connect google Chromecast audio's
digital optical output to Yamaha's USB input. Anyone can give solution for this?

I am using Yamaha CD changer with usb type 2 input and RCA output. This cd player has a good quality DAC. It does not have an optical input. I want to connect google Chromecast audio's
digital optical output to Yamaha's USB input. Anyone can give solution for this?

Its not possible.
1. Since the USB input on the Yamaha is not a DAC input but a port for storgage media reading. The DAC of the yamaha is not connected to this USB directly.
2. There are very few products which converts optical to USB. Again it wont work in your case.

Hmm, I don't think the CD Player is a receiver, except for maybe the USB to connect an iPhone or a pen drive to read its contents. The chromecast would need to be connected to a DAC with an Optical Input if using the Optical out of the Chromecast Audio or an Amplifier if using the analog out of CCA.

MaSh

Hmm, I don't think the CD Player is a receiver, except for maybe the USB to connect an iPhone or a pen drive to read its contents. The chromecast would need to be connected to a DAC with an Optical Input if using the Optical out of the Chromecast Audio or an Amplifier if using the analog out of CCA.

MaSh
Thanks for prompt reply.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back