Disappointed with Bose AE2 Headphones... need advise!

k_vijay12

Guys, I got Bose AE2 headphones over weekend mainly cos of its comfort, portablity and light weight features. Usage is for travel and at work. Despite its poor musical rating, I still took a chance and bought it.... After 3-4 hrs of listening, I am kind of disappointed big time with it. I am a bass lover. this fails terribly at bass reproduction. Mids, Vocals r adequate. Treble is on lil high side.

Can you suggest me how to make most of this ? Is a bass booster good idea or to use an equalizer ? my android phone nor my office laptop has Equaliser nor tone balance setting. A friend suggested me to use Winamp media player.

Any other suggestions to derive optimal performance from these headphones

Last edited:
Guys, I got Bose AE2 headphones over weekend mainly cos of its comfort, portablity and light weight features. Usage is for travel and at work. Despite its poor musical rating, I still took a chance and bought it.... After 3-4 hrs of listening, I am kind of disappointed big time with it. I am a bass lover. this fails terribly at bass reproduction. Mids, Vocals r adequate. Treble is on lil high side.

Can you suggest me how to make most of this ? Is a bass booster good idea or to use an equalizer ? my android phone nor my office laptop has Equaliser nor tone balance setting. A friend suggested me to use Winamp media player.

Any other suggestions to derive optimal performance from these headphones

What songs did you listen through the headphones ?

According to this Bose AE2 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review and I quote "The only small gripe we had was that--because these headphones are as detailed as they are--they tend to come off sounding a tad brash, overemphasizing instruments such as cymbals (it's a matter of taste whether you like that "extra sizzle" or not). They also make poorly recorded music sound worse because they accentuate the flaws in the recordings (the flip side is they make good recordings sound very good)."

Have you tried some good recorded songs through them ?

There are lot of players with EQs foobar, vlc, etc.

Are you using windows ? the default player itself has EQ. Nothing wrong in EQing, just dont over do it.

Are you using flacs or lossless files for music?
I am using QC2 and OE2 and they have sufficient bass.

Last edited:
Are you using flacs or lossless files for music?
I am using QC2 and OE2 and they have sufficient bass.

I am using Mp3 files. don't have loss less / FLAC format. Tried to decode, but then ... original source to FLAC makes sense but not MP3 to FLAC or loss less. Any sources you wd suggest to download?

I also happen to use a Sennheiser RS 120 at home. It sounds great. I am afraid why such drastic difference in these Bose A2 headphones. Actually I cant feel bass of slow rock... increasing volume only hurt my ears

Last edited:
What songs did you listen through the headphones ?

Have you tried some good recorded songs through them ?

I tried Hotel California- Eagles, November Rain -GnR (Mp3) , Tum Ho - Rockstar, Tum hi ho, Sun raha hu - Asshiqui2, Tere hone laga hu - APKGK. All Hindi are DVDrip videos and HD format in youtube

Try some FLAC and HD movies and then decide if the headphones are not up to task.

Majority of MP3s and DVD rips are usually thin sounding.

Try some original Audio CDs also.

I would recommend buying a few audio cd's (some favs) and then listen those on your HP. You will be amazed with the sound quality and will be able to feel the punch.

Over time I have learnt that if you want quality music you need un-compressed audio quality.

Give it a try you will not regret it.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back