Disappointment with LG

sound_advice

After a bitter experience with an ONIDA LCD ( It conked on the 14th Month ) was averse too LCD's. Was on the sour grape trip being content with my 29" CRT's . But after having bought a Samsung BDP and a My BOX HD TV Player my heart seeked more.
The LCD hunt started around Diwali sales period. But the purchase was put off as I had to buy a washing machine & Microwave for Wifey .:sad:
It restarted with the New Year Sale.
Went to Girias - mahalingapuram and bought a LG 37 LH 50 YR for Rs. 42,000/-
The opportunist in me was waiting and I struck gold as my wifes B'Day is on 8 Jan -With a reason like that how can I be refused.
The purchase went smoothly and the TV got delivered on 5 Jan.
Today the LG tech guys came home for installation.
They did a great job on the wall mount.
The TV gets hooked up and there is no audio from it.
The TV gets opened up and the LG tech guy declares " manufacturing Defect" - the board is Kaput he says.
Now LG assures me of a replacement in 7 - 15 Days:sad:
With a bad start like this now I am seriously thinking of taking their extended warranty @ Rs. 9000 + for three years as I don't want this also too end up like a non working ONIDA LCD at the warranty lapse.
Fingers crossed I await the replacement....

My BOX HD TV Player my heart seeked more.

/QUOTE]

Hmm. Have some good reviews about LG here, but you have ended up with a defective piece...:sad:

By the by what happened to the review of My box HD TV which was promised in the last meet by RAM...

Thanks for the concern Srini.
Ram was a little indisposed due to some family commitments.
I had to take the MY BOX for work around New Year. Will be giving it to him ASAP for review

Why cant you give an review since you have worked/played a little bit... I remember it can pass TRU-HD>>>>

Sorry to hear this SA. Some of us r cursed with electronics isnt it. Dont loose heart, if not their product the service is very good. Why dont you ask for a TV replacement afterall its a brand new TV right?

I fought with Ratna store for an electric cooker which had a fused bulb and got a new piece. I dont think one deserves repair for a brand new TV!!!

Infact, I am free this weekend, if u have the My HD free can pick up :)

After a bitter experience with an ONIDA LCD ( It conked on the 14th Month ) was averse too LCD's. Was on the sour grape trip being content with my 29" CRT's . But after having bought a Samsung BDP and a My BOX HD TV Player my heart seeked more.
The LCD hunt started around Diwali sales period. But the purchase was put off as I had to buy a washing machine & Microwave for Wifey .:sad:
The opportunist in me was waiting and I struck gold as my wifes B'Day is on 8 Jan -With a reason like that how can I be refused.
The TV gets opened up and the LG tech guy declares " manufacturing Defect" - the board is Kaput he says.
With a bad start like this now I am seriously thinking of taking their extended warranty @ Rs. 9000 + for three years as I don't want this also too end up like a non working ONIDA LCD at the warranty lapse.

Manufacturing defects do happen..

When the guys from LG had approved of their fault, you have nothing to lose.
Infact, you can ask them to throw in 3 years warrenty for the mental agony you went through the first day though they are no way bound to provide it..

The only problem I see is, You cannot have a shiny new TV for your wifey's birthday.. :(
If only we can postpone birthdays.. :D

Oh thats real tough....:sad: Know what is the excitement at home getting a new product like a TV home. A bad equipment kills all the joy. But as has been said by other guys you should seek a replacement. And guys here has vouched for LG s after sales service. I have watched the LG 42LH 50 at a showroom and it has really nice pictures. So cheer up friend. Your joy has been just postponed thats all.:)

cheers,
sri

have some patience buddy .
I've seen some indian companies service ,which refuses to replace anything?
and some of our members are satisfied with delayed service after 21 days ,that to not properly informed .....:eek:hyeah:

yes ,but really need to have some patience , MNCs honour warentee "no questions asked" , seen bad side of service while in industry!!!

Sorry to hear that, sound_advice. Yes, as others have said, the company (LG) & their products are no doubt good. But as Ram rightly said, sometimes, if we're unlucky, even the best branded electronic devices, can result in disappointment, on the very day of purchase. There are exceptions, so I would suggest dont get it repaired, just get it replaced, as it is a new TV.

All the best! :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back