Display problems on Samsung LCD TV

Bresus

Hello friends,

Need your guidance on an display/panel issue for my TV (Samsung LCD LA32C450).

After I switch on my TV, after the minute or so, the original image is retained and the new images are super-imposed resulting in double images. When I change channels on my TataSky HD Box (connected via HDMI cable), the first image (from the previous channel) is retained and I continue to get a double image. I also get color vertical stripes on the screen (both, when the video source is on and off), but that is not seen as consistently.

The double image problem is seen even when I connect an alternate source (DVD player) to the TV.

I had the Samsung Service Center technician come over and straight away said that I need to replace the display panel at a cost of ~Rs 12k - this for a TV that I got 3yrs ago!

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks in advance!

- Bhavesh

It's not about Samsung, any panel from any brand can go kapuut ! I'm using Samsung LCD for past 5-years and I ain't got no problem with mine. I never had any problem with any Samsung goodies, in fact. That doesn't mean you've to get SONY. Get the panel changed.

My Samsung flat panel started developing white lines across the picture a few minutes after power up. This happened 18 months after purchase. But I had an extended warranty ( 3 years) . They had to replace the panel . When the panel is removed there is practically nothing left behind ! Just a thin large bezel ( frame) and two small black boxes with some of the electronics. The panel and the electronics that drives it cannot be repaired.At least not outside the factory ! Certainly not by a local technician. Sometimes I do hear that some 'whiz techs' can. But I've never seen or heard of a panel that was fixed.
I've heard of Sony's that broke down soon after purchase. So generally speaking, it depends on your luck and not the brand !
For modern TV's , it pays to get extended warranty . Usually 3 years but sometimes 5 years. But Murphy is always around the corner !:) Your TV will break down 1 day after warranty expires !

Last edited:
Any flat panel's average life according to me is about 5 years. Size does not count here neither does a premium model from a particular brand. They are all the same in terms of life of panel and electronics.

It is after this period that problems start creeping in. All brands are the same. If your flat panel lasts more, you are a lucky Joe.

Again, it does not matter, LCD, LED(Which is LCD anyway) or plasma are all like Russian roulette.

As again I have said in another thread, "BUILT IN OBSOLESCENCE" is built into every panel, otherwise how would you buy a new one?

See if you can repair it cheaply otherwise better to buy a new one and put the old one up for scrap in places like OLX!

PS: Just to put things in a perspective: Snapdeal is offering a 32 inch HD LED from Micromax for Rs 16,000 after discount as today's deal. A VU 50 inch is for about Rs 44,000.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back