Distortion in sound

Anik06

Hi Guys,

I have monitor audio bronze speakers (center and front) and denon AVR. While listening songs or watching movies, I have noticed slight shhh.. after dialogues/songs. What is this? Is it common or specific to my setup. How can I get rid of this.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Anik

This could be because of type of cable and/or interconnects used. Check discussion on cables in another post for recommendations.

Hi Guys,

I have monitor audio bronze speakers (center and front) and denon AVR. While listening songs or watching movies, I have noticed slight shhh.. after dialogues/songs. What is this? Is it common or specific to my setup. How can I get rid of this.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Anik
May be you have some DSP processing going on? Or treble too high?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Anik
By after song, do you mean when nothing is playing?
In that case, just switch on the receiver and check if there is some noise coming from the speakers. You can put your ears close to listen to individual speaker.
Increase the volume and see if the noise goes up.
Next switch on your source and check again without playing anything.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Anik

Do you have any Input Gain set? Try lowering that. Swap out cables and also is this behavior across all sources?

MaSh

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back