Distribution Box

mridulgoel

Banned
Banned
Guyz...

Please help me out...

And i need the quick response...as the matter is a bit urgent...
Time line...72 hrs...

I got a requirement, with one my clients, where they want to connect there Flat Panels, installed in there Board Rooms, Meeting Rooms, etc... to there Server...

They have ran the CAT-5 cable with RJ45 Jack input at all ends...
Now what they want is, a device that can display there particular application on all there plasmas, including news, meetings, announcements, etc...

But, they dont want to display the server information on this...
And the device should be wired, not wifi...

I have got a few solutions, but none of them are perfectly on for there requirements...

Guyz, please help me, out...

I will be thankful to you...

Thanks a lotttt in advance....

Pinnacle showcenter 2xx series should do the trick, shows the server information and navigation menus while startup otherwise disply act just as TV [can either be wired or wireless]

Popcornhour also does the same or more at higher cost. There should be plenty of streaming devices from netgear / dlink etc are in the market does the same

btw, what panels you provide? Is that industrial panels, that means you can hook up ethernet interfaces straight to panel and stream from PC

Last edited:
Pinnacle showcenter 2xx series should do the trick, shows the server information and navigation menus while startup otherwise disply act just as TV [can either be wired or wireless]

Popcornhour also does the same or more at higher cost. There should be plenty of streaming devices from netgear / dlink etc are in the market does the same

btw, what panels you provide? Is that industrial panels, that means you can hook up ethernet interfaces straight to panel and stream from PC

Buddy

Thanks for your response...

I am not aware of Pinnacle, but all other streamers wont solve my problem...

First they fetch information from devices, that i dont want...
I want that to be exclusively for there server...
Secondly no wireless communication is allowed...

And when they are wired they should be able to display the specific data only, without any software support in Flat Panels...

No Panels what they are using are normal Flat Panel TVs...

Do let me know, more..

Thanks

mridul: Pinnacle showcenter fits the bill, it takes wired RJ45 connection and outputs component/HDMI. But if you say Streamers doesn't solve your problem Pinnacle / popcornhour is just another streamer. We have similar setup running in several client locations here

If they want to control the channels or data from meeting room, they have to use some software interface, defines the term PULL. Otherwise they can show content PUSHED from server on panel, which is centrally managed.

Sorry for not being helpful, that's the way i can think off. Even if you use baloons at TV end of RJ 45, you need some sort of software to sit between TV and server

And when they are wired they should be able to display the specific data only, without any software support in Flat Panels...

Last edited:
Dear Sunil

Are you a distributor or something...???

Anyways...

See & let me know what can be done for the exact situation...

There are around 25 Plasmas, @ clients place...
Now what they want is, to display some sort of program on each Plasma
that can be controlled centrally through server...(same as ads banner in malls)...
But all those places the data is not wired, and is charged on monthly basis for maintaining the server...
But what these people want is totally wired data transfer, as the data is very sensitive...
Application will include there meeting schedules, announcements, and other same sort of data...

I have tried few products, same way even they are wireless and requires monthly rent...

So do let me know, what products do you think can solve my problems...
Nothing special with streamers, but streamers are mostly wireless, and can be used from any applicable device...

Will be awaiting an positive response from your end...

Thanks well in advance...

my profession is in profile ;), but I work in a top media company where we handle these situations frequently. Being an ITES, we always offer IP based solutions hence my knowledge is limited to IP related

Are you a distributor or something...???

Are all the display panels show the same data at same time? If that's the situation Ideally you need VGA/DVI/HDMI matrix like this

This is the easist to manage for non-technical guys, but according to current situation you have CAT5E laid in already and client wants to use that to feed the content. That means both side of RJ45 you have to use baloon converters and get matrix switch, Input of the matrix switch will be connected to your central server.

But what these people want is totally wired data transfer, as the data is very sensitive...
Application will include there meeting schedules, announcements, and other same sort of data...

I have tried few products, same way even they are wireless and requires monthly rent...

The earlier solution I suggested is more IP based gives you better flexibility of managing the flat panels individually but that need more IT skills to manage day to day basis.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back