Division Bell for Rs. 15K ?

Simon Wires

Picking up a Division Bell vinyl has long been my wish.

Yesterday, I got a mass mail from one Mr.Dewan in Delhi with a long list of records for sale, without any price tag.

When reverted asking the price of Division Bell, pat came the reply as 15K. Was wondering if that was a typographical error, sought again if its 1.5K or 15K.

The seller reconfirmed it as Rs.15K and its catalog no Parlophone RP1-543752 2xLP, Album, RE, RM, Gat 2014 US .

Is the anything great about this particular catalog or pressing? Why is it so expensive? How much it would be worth?

Hope he is not quoting for the 2LP + 5CD box set which is on amazon for $199.
The LP set is $44 and Euro 30 on Discogs.
A 2011 remaster by Sony DADC is available for preorder on Flipkart for Rs 1799.
But I suppose you would have checked these already.

Just as a pointer, an 20th anniv. analog remaster of the album is released in July'14 and getting a great review in the west. This is a double LP with full version of all the tracks. Get it at Amazon.in on pre-order only for 1619Rs.
The Division Bell : Pink Floyd: Amazon.in: Music

BTW the original single record release doesn't have the full length tracks which were only available on CD and the Korean and Russian release of double LP. Also they had mastering issues. IMHO on release of the new double LP set or box set, the single LP versions should be of no relevance any more. People who were trying to rip off innocent buyers asking astronomical price all these days, can shove those records under their beds and forget about them.....:)

Regards

He may have been quoting for the Division Bell 20th Anniversary Collector's box set. This pack contains the following:

Disc 1 LP
Original album, remastered for vinyl in 2014 from the original analogue masters. Includes full-length tracks across 2-LPs for the first time.

Disc 2 Blu-Ray (all previously unreleased)
- 2014 Marooned video directed by Aubrey Powell with stereo and 5.1 audio soundtracks
- 5.1 audio mix of THE DIVISION BELL by Andy Jackson in 96khz/ 24-bit
- HD audio stereo mix of THE DIVISION BELL by James Guthrie 96khz/ 24-bit

Disc 3 Red vinyl 7 single Take It Back (edit) / Astronomy Domine (Live)
Replica 7 red vinyl in picture sleeve

Disc 4 Clear vinyl 7 single High Hopes (edit) / Keep Talking (edit)
Replica 7 clear vinyl in picture sleeve plus poster bag

Disc 5 Blue Vinyl 12 single High Hopes / Keep Talking / One Of These Days (live)
Replica 12 blue vinyl, laser etched design on reverse, picture sleeve. Includes 7 collectible film cards in a wallet

Disc 6 CD Album
2011 Discovery version of THE DIVISION BELL in a new dedicated wallet

Plus:
5 x 26cm x 26 cm art prints designed by Hipgnosis/StormStudios

The Double LP version with the original full length tracks (remember, the single LP Division LP album has truncated tracks) is also available separately but I am sure it does not cost 15k INR.

The Floyd recorded on Harvest in the UK. Not Parlophone. Prima facie this seems to be a pirated pressing or this gentleman is pulling a fast one. And why would even I pay 15k for a Floyd album? Of course YMMV

Hi RP,

I have also pre ordered one a month ago.. But yet to hear from Flipkart!!

Excellent Simon. They have clearly mentioned this Vinyl will be released late August. So I presume early September this should get delivered.

They also have some great led zeppelin collections for Pre-Order. However these are all pressing from "Sony DADC Manufacturing India" so would like to first check how their quality is.

Cheers...

Last edited:
I think they are imported by Sony DADC. They are not manufactured here.

I recently got the Pink Floyd Discovery box set for 4000 rupees from amazon. It said Sony DADC on that too but the pressings are from EU.

About Vinyl, you can be pretty sure its an import - there is no vinyl manufacturing plant in India as of now.

He quoted six k for a gnr album which costs about 1600 for a first pressing anywhere in Far East asia or even Europe and better deal in thrift stores. He seems like an importer and seller.

He quoted six k for a gnr album which costs about 1600 for a first pressing anywhere in Far East asia or even Europe and better deal in thrift stores. He seems like an importer and seller.
If it's Appetite for Destruction, don't get the first pressing. It does not sound good on vinyl(personal experience). Too much information packed into one disc. CD sounds way better. The new 2 disc vinyl re-issue should be better.

Last edited:
If it's Appetite for Destruction, don't get the first pressing. It does not sound good on vinyl(personal experience). Too much information packed into one disc. CD sounds way better. The new 2 disc vinyl re-issue should be better.
He quoted for Lies. The remastered box set is on sale now. Point taken. I was actually thinking of picking it up abroad.

Yes, his prices are ridiculously high. I agree he has rare items for sale. But I can easily get them on eBay or Discogs for very reasonable prices.

I wonder who's buying at such prices (because apparently he's been doing this for a few years now).

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back