DIY 3 Way Active X-Over

@Taitus,

Waiting for the remaining Class A kits from Jims Audio. I hope this week it will get delivered here. And the Toroids will be ready by next week. After that will start the enclosure work.

@Sachin,

Yes, it is made locally. Not me, we have a resource here dealing with PCB manufacturing.

In-fact i was about to contact you to get the details of Pass B1. I am planning to build one.

Last edited:
Sachin,

I am also following that thread at AK. Can you please share the Gerber file of B1 and SSP if you don't mind?

How about the SSP+B1 integrated combination?

Thanks,
Bibin

Sachin,

I am also following that thread at AK. Can you please share the Gerber file of B1 and SSP if you don't mind?

How about the SSP+B1 integrated combination?

Thanks,
Bibin

SSP+B1 combo sounds great few Fms have tried this.In my system Bass was little rolled off with B1 and LDR.I am expecting improvement in Bass after adding SSP.FM Bhaskar had same problem,and solved it after adding SSP.

Regards,
Sachin

SSP+B1 combo sounds great few Fms have tried this.In my system Bass was little rolled off with B1 and LDR.I am expecting improvement in Bass after adding SSP.FM Bhaskar had same problem,and solved it after adding SSP.

Regards,
Sachin

I will try this combo after completing the active X-over project. By the way i will be starting the enclosure work soon. If you are interested please let me know.

Thanks,
Bibin

Do you mean cabs for amp/preamp?

Regards,
Sachin

Yes, i have couple of resources here dealing with Acrylic, Aluminium and MS/CR sheets.

My plan is to build enclosure with 5mm or 10mm aluminium front panel and the rest with 1mm CR sheet. On the back side 2mm acrylic with labels engraved.

Thanks,
Bibin

Yes, i have couple of resources here dealing with Acrylic, Aluminium and MS/CR sheets.

My plan is to build enclosure with 5mm or 10mm aluminium front panel and the rest with 1mm CR sheet. On the back side 2mm acrylic with labels engraved.

Thanks,
Bibin

I am very much interested.You can post this in SSP threads.There are few members interested.

Regards,
Sachin

what are the crossover points ?
Just putting this question because crossover points should be decided only after considering the driver parameters (fo and upper cut-off limits of the driver).

The reverse, I mean to say deciding first the crossover frequency and then finding a matching driver can be troublesome specially for Mid-range.

keep us posted on the developments.

what are the crossover points ?
Just putting this question because crossover points should be decided only after considering the driver parameters (fo and upper cut-off limits of the driver).

The reverse, I mean to say deciding first the crossover frequency and then finding a matching driver can be troublesome specially for Mid-range.

keep us posted on the developments.

The prototype was made with 239Hz & 5100Hz. That x-over points can be changed by varying the values of R,C and 2R.

Please see Table 1 in the following URL
Silicon Chip Online - Active 3-Way Crossover for Loud Speaker Systems

By the way my speakers are all ready, please have a look at the following thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/diy/25319-my-new-diy-project-3-way-floorstander.html

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back