DIY amp kits

greenhorn

Just curious. Are there any complete DIY amp ( or any other audio equipment) kits available in india which are priced low enough compared to their assembled equivalents?

I think suds from this forum is selling (or willing to sell) amp kits. Please see this thread, you could also PM him for more details...

im looking to DIY an amp too

i thought id start off by not actually DIying an amp completely
just seperating it from the rest of the borad if possible

i have an old AKAI( japaenese made) receiver with tuner and tape deck -all in one( i think 12 yrs old) quite decent sounding. much better than any new akai all in ones availble in market today

i thought since i dont use the tape deck and the tuner buttons are jamming i would sepertae the amp part (if possible) and build a chasis(a more discrete slimmer one than the existing giant) for it

my aim is not only to use it at my workshop but mainly to learn about the electronic components in an amplifier/reciever

i dont know if the above is possible and if it is im sure i will require a lot of help.
Anyone here know amp internals well enough to guide me?

I will be able to provide complete circuit kit for Pass Labs DIY First Watt Clones.
Kits are with PCB and Parts only

No Transformer, no Cabinets. I am too having difficulty in sourcing toro transformer and good quality cabinet enclosures.

I will be able to provide complete circuit kit for Pass Labs DIY First Watt Clones.
Kits are with PCB and Parts only

No Transformer, no Cabinets. I am too having difficulty in sourcing toro transformer and good quality cabinet enclosures.

Hi Suds,
Could you please post the BOM for each of the kits you've made?

Thanks.

Here is the BOM for F1 , F3 and F5 Kits. , double the Qty for Stereo.

Thanks for the list. I was actually more interested in seeing the brands and types of the components you have selected. I'd guess that the list contains the default components, but I would also like to know if alternate premium components could be provided as an option as well. On another note, do you think any of these heat sinks would work the F5?

Here are a few more:

Salzer

Salzer Group of Companies,
Samichettipalayam,
Coimbatore - 641 047.
INDIA.
Tel : 91 - 422 - 4233600
: 91 - 422 - 2692531
Fax : 91 - 422 - 2692170
email : [email protected]
[email protected]

Salzer seems to be the Indian partner for Plitron, used extensively by Pass among other top companies.

Torotrans

S. No. 49/1A, Gokulnagar, Katraj-Kondhwa Road,
Opp. Shatrunjay Mandir, Kondhwa-Budruk,
Pune - 411048, Maharashtra, India.

Tel No : +91 - 20 - 65231390
TeleFax : +91 - 20 - 26933077, 65231390.
E-mail :[email protected]
[email protected]

National Electromech Systems

Address : No.8, 1st Floor, K.R.Road, 7th Block, West, Jayanagar, Bangalore
City : Bangalore Pin Code : 560080
State : Karnataka Country : India
Phone No: 91-80-26765025/ 91-080-26760946
Fax No : 91-80-26760946
Mobile : 9845618592

APR Electronics

# 37/9, 1 ST Floor, K.S.Garden,
4th 'G' Cross, LalBagh Road,
Bangalore - 560027.
India
Phone No : 91-80-22244147 / 22244439
Fax No : 91-80-22480967
Email-Id : [email protected]
Alternate Mail-Id : [email protected]

Hi,

Gruby Before people start to swing into action on the links let me quickly post the actual facts on these !!

1) Salzer : Although very good on paper (or online ) but in practical no much of a help,especially for DIY as they don't cater to low volume orders let alone single piece orders from Us DIYers :p!!

2) National Electromech : Same story as above :lol:!!

3 APR : NEVER EVER EVEN IN YOUR DREAMS THINK OF THIS COMPANY

Most Horrible and Extremely ill mannered staff ! They go to the extent of even assaulting if you go there personally to inquire ( experienced it first hand ).

I have personal experience with the above mentioned companies and don't want forum members to waste their time !!

Gruby no offense meant,but Google for address sometimes bites your B**.

Regards.

Hey sounds, thanks for your inputs, surely would save a lot of time I guess. The other thought I had was wouldn't these transformers be sold through dealers and retailers? Would they refuse to sell it in small numbers as well? Somehow the thought of not being able to buy a toroid trafo from the street is befuddling to say the least....

Hi,

Hey sounds, thanks for your inputs, surely would save a lot of time I guess

You most welcome buddy ;)!! Its not only about the Time that one saves its the agony and humiliation that one suffers !!

As I mentioned I was physically assaulted by the guys at APR electronics for insisting to meet the in charge of the unit (for a possible quote and such) ! The In-Charge there is a A***H*** of the worst kind,instead of stopping his workers from assault he encouraged them :sad: !!

I wanted to post a thread on it like the SOFA thread,but then thought whats the use as no one would approach such firms for personal use, but now since you posted it,it was my duty to warn and save the forum members from such shitty firms outrageous behavior !

The other thought I had was wouldn't these transformers be sold through dealers and retailers?

There are no dealers and such for any of these firms and they don't have any standard models to offer,all they do is make trafo's based on the requirement of the client and supply !!

Would they refuse to sell it in small numbers as well?

See if some of the folks who are ready can join and order collectively then perhaps Yes else No.

Somehow the thought of not being able to buy a toroid trafo from the street is befuddling to say the least....

Yes its a very sad story but what can we do :sad:??

Anyways if there is atleast 10Nos order then I can perhaps get the toroid done from a place that I know,its the basic minimum that they'll accept since I know them personally,else their MOQ is 100Nos :mad:!!

Regards.

Thanks for your insight cranky. Is there any trade-off at all if I use an EI core in place of a toroid in the power amp? Also, would there be any trade-offs if I go for an EI core for a tube pre-amp or a DAC?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back