• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Diy Amplifier

yugaaa

I had a few LM4780 chips with me and I had ordered a couple of parallel boards to do a nice bedroom amplifier . I got the boards about 2 years back and I had completed both the channels but I did not get the time to make an enclosure . First , I decided on aluminium case and It seemed like the case was going to cost double the cost of the amplifier , so decided to get a steel one . Posting a few pics of the 2 cases . I also had completed 2 channels of SR200 boards and I needed a case for them as well . So bought 2 cases . Will keep updating the pics as and when I complete the amps .

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

yugaaa

Are these readymade or fabricated
These enclosures were partly ready made in the sense that the guy who did the job supplies amplifier boxes for application in home theatres . The mod that I wanted was no volume pots , selector switches . Just a plain front with a rocker switch . The rear was supposed to be left plain with no punches for power , speaker terminals as I wanted a plain box for doing the layout and drilling the holes myself .

Though the guy is cheap , I had to wait a couple of weeks for them to run the order for the dimensions that was required by me . The cost included powder coating the front panel and the top sheet was done with imported steel which actually looked good and I decided against powder coating .

The company is located at guindy /velachery road and the name of the guy who did it was Mr. Ravi - 9940374940 . Approx location on google map 12.999416, 80.209773
Disclaimer - I have no business interest or any profit motive .

yugaaa

Removed the old heatsinks and did a test fit . happy with the result . Now will have to wait for regulator boards and heatsink fabrication

SPONSORED ADS