Diy Amplifier

yugaaa

I had a few LM4780 chips with me and I had ordered a couple of parallel boards to do a nice bedroom amplifier . I got the boards about 2 years back and I had completed both the channels but I did not get the time to make an enclosure . First , I decided on aluminium case and It seemed like the case was going to cost double the cost of the amplifier , so decided to get a steel one . Posting a few pics of the 2 cases . I also had completed 2 channels of SR200 boards and I needed a case for them as well . So bought 2 cases . Will keep updating the pics as and when I complete the amps .

Are these readymade or fabricated

These enclosures were partly ready made in the sense that the guy who did the job supplies amplifier boxes for application in home theatres . The mod that I wanted was no volume pots , selector switches . Just a plain front with a rocker switch . The rear was supposed to be left plain with no punches for power , speaker terminals as I wanted a plain box for doing the layout and drilling the holes myself .

Though the guy is cheap , I had to wait a couple of weeks for them to run the order for the dimensions that was required by me . The cost included powder coating the front panel and the top sheet was done with imported steel which actually looked good and I decided against powder coating .

The company is located at guindy /velachery road and the name of the guy who did it was Mr. Ravi - 9940374940 . Approx location on google map 12.999416, 80.209773
Disclaimer - I have no business interest or any profit motive .

Removed the old heatsinks and did a test fit . happy with the result . Now will have to wait for regulator boards and heatsink fabrication

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back