Diy Headphone Cables & rebuild

kundalus

Hi! FMs, I am relatively a noob in HiFi audio segment. But I like being a diy person. What brings me to write this post is that I have tons of earphones and headphones which are just gone bad. Its apparent I don't have high end stuff but still I like the outputs they had. I am looking at reviving a few headphones with cable replacements and after market audio jacks. The catch is I am unable to find a good cable and audio jack locally in thane. I don't mind spending a few hundred bucks to revive these and put the headphones through.

Can you please guide me to how to choose a cable and where can I get them? I won't mind making a trip to Lamington road next week and buy them if that's the best place to get it. But I want to get good quality cables and jacks.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Re: Diy Headphone Cables & rebuild

Buy some 3.5mm-rca cables online. Cut off the RCA and use remaining cables.
http://i1.ebayimg.com/images/g/qlYAAOSwpDdVEZrv/s-l225.jpg
I recently salvaged one Sennheiser 350 from two. One had left gone while other had right bad. Just harvested good left and replaced bad one. Joint was fixed with proper soldering and 3.mm diameter Heatshrink tube. After shrinking it, just sealed both ends using tiny drops of feviquik glue.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back