DIY interconnect (RCA and Coaxial) cables - appreciation and gratitude

Analogous

I vaccinate between scepticism and agnosticism when discussions on cables start.
Normally within a minute or so I start yawning and scroll to the next…

But like everyone else on this forum I need cables to connect my electronics (interconnect RCA or Co Axial digital cables, power cables) and of course speaker cables. Having set a casual standard with Amazon basics at the beginning I have cautiously invested (what I consider) reasonable amounts of money in upgraded cables. (Range 3k to 7K)

Some of them I am happy with, others….meh.

I recently contacted well known audiophile DIY enthusiast, FM Kannan from Chennai and asked if he could make a coaxial cable and a pair of RCA cables. After inquiring a bit about my system chain he kindly suggested I try a digital co axial cable made with Belsen (?number) and RCA cables by Canare. He also suggested different connector options. In a short period I received both and have been using them for a while.

Switching between RCA cables from Amazon basics and Mr. Kannans RCA cables I could easily make out a difference immediately. (More space and air between musicians instruments, wider sound stage, clearer highs, but not sibilant. In short a change I am delighted with.

I discussed this with him and he pointed out matching cables with electronic components and getting perceptible improvements is often hit and miss. I am very happy to have a hit this time. I should also mention the workmanship and finish of the cables are top notch.

Thank you @Kannan

Last edited:
Thank you very much @Analogous for the feedback and that the cables have a positive impact on your setup.
Both are standard cables with very good specs needed for the purpose they are used for.
No good and competent deed should go Unacknowledged and praised.
@Kannan , As you know I am firmly in the subjective opinion camp. In case there are queries on the materials, model numbers and fabrication and related decisions, hope you can respond.

Last edited:
I vaccinate between scepticism and agnosticism when discussions on cables start.

But like everyone else on this forum I need cables to connect my electronics (interconnect RCA or Co Axial digital cables, power cables) and of course speaker cables. Having set a casual standard with Amazon basics at the beginning I have cautiously invested (what I consider) reasonable amounts of money in upgraded cables. (Range 3k to 7K)

I recently contacted well known audiophile DIY enthusiast, FM Kannan from Chennai and asked if he could make a coaxial cable and a pair of RCA cables. After inquiring a bit about my system chain he kindly suggested I try a digital co axial cable made with Belsen (?number) and RCA cables by Canare. He also suggested different connector options. In a short period I received both and have been using them for a while.

Switching between RCA cables from Amazon basics and Mr. Kannans RCA cables I could easily make out a difference immediately. (More space and air between musicians instruments, wider sound stage, clearer highs, but not sibilant. In short a change I am delighted with.

I discussed this with him and he pointed out matching cables with electronic components and getting perceptible improvements is often hit and miss. I am very happy to have a hit this time. I should also mention the workmanship and finish of the cables are top notch.

Thank you @Kannan
Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Thank you @Kannan
Happy to hear about your experience. I too have played around with few cables, including Belden 1694F, 1505F (This are preferred for Digital) and Canare L2T2S and can relate with your experience. What's your audio chain?

@Kannan , can you pls share the cable model numbers?

Happy to hear about your experience. I too have played around with few cables, including Belden 1694F, 1505F (This are preferred for Digital) and Canare L2T2S and can relate with your experience. What's your audio chain?

@Kannan , can you pls share the cable model numbers?
@Pratyush J , My audio chain is Lindemann Limetree streamer and DAC to Hegel H300 to Harbeth P3ES and Martin Logan Dynamo 800X sub

I have been using Kannan's ICs and Speaker cables for last 1+ years and super happy with its performance.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back