DIY Kit for Phono preamp

sudhirbhosale

Hi all
I heard in many posts about DIY kit for phono preamp from Sachin.
May I get forum handle of scahin
How difficult/easy to build from kit
Anyone compared results with other preamp

Also need suggestion:
I bought vintage amp. All connectors have rust/dust kind of coating also in speaker sockets. What will be best way to clean without damaging crome coating

Thanks

Hi all
How difficult/easy to build from kit

Thanks
Sachin provides detailed instructions and if you follow them, you would done with the soldering part. Having somebody to assist (holding the board, taking a look at the soldering quality, picking components etc) while soldering would be really helpful if you are a first-timer.

Getting it placed in a cabinet and ensuring that the grounding is done correctly requires a good skill. I took almost three iterations to get the grounding right. the CNC phonostage has detailed notes on how to handle grounding. But, I found this piece really taxing.

Performance: Most of the vinyl first timers who have taken a plunge with the build are using CNC phonostage over the entry level branded ones/ or the inbuilt ones in stereo receivers. Additionally, Sachin gives you a couple of options with the op-amps as well. Speaking to him will give you a fair idea.

Also, there is an FM who has put up CNC phonostage for sale (although as a bundle with TT) : http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/64928-exposure-pre-technics-tt-cnc-phono.html

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back