DIY Speakers - Where to start??!!

ukjeyaraj

Hi All,

Planning to take a plunge in DIY speakers. Dont know where to start exactly. Ok, reason for DIY is just interested to make my own speakers.

I am going to use it with Vintage Amplifier which has a rating of 70W+70W RMS @ 8ohms

I want to make a 3 way speaker, which can deliver a good bass in very low volume too, detailed but not too bright mid and high frequency.

Want help on the following items

1) What should be the rating of Woofer,Midrange and Tweeter
2) How to choose a readymade/Assembled cross over? (I really dont want to make the crossover all by myself)
3) Where to get cabinet parts like spikes, grill guides,binding posts in Mumbai?

Last edited:
Hi All,

Planning to take a plunge in DIY speakers. Dont know where to start exactly. Ok, reason for DIY is just interested to make my own speakers.

I am going to use it with Vintage Amplifier which has a rating of 70W+70W RMS @ 8ohms

I want to make a 3 way speaker, which can deliver a good bass in very low volume too, detailed but not too bright mid and high frequency.

Want help on the following items

1) What should be the rating of Woofer,Midrange and Tweeter
2) How to choose a readymade/Assembled cross over? (I really dont want to make the crossover all by myself)
3) Where to get cabinet parts like spikes, grill guides,binding posts in Mumbai?

Hi Jeyaraj,

I have a 3-way cabinet (without drivers) (see pic below) in good condition, unused with me can offer for free, but you have to arrange it to carry yourself. As for drivers Bolton 8-inch woofer , philips mid and silk dome tweeter will be good combo, network can be Bolton.

N.Murali

Last edited:
Hi Jeyaraj,

I have a 3-way cabinet (without drivers) (see pic below) in good condition, unused with me can offer for free, but you have to arrange it to carry yourself. As for drivers Bolton 8-inch woofer , philips mid and silk dome tweeter will be good combo, network can be Bolton.

N.Murali

Sent you PM about cabinet.

I would like know, how to calculate the wattage for woofer,mid and tweeter?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back