DIY Subwoofer Cable Suggestions

rayvonnee

I need to make a subwoofer cable for running it in wall. I used regular coaxial cable RG6 (TV cable) earlier for a 10meter run which worked without any issue. I need to run now permanently a sub cable for around 12-13meter. Which cable should i buy? Also need some rca interconnects. Any place where i can get some decent quality cables and interconnects in mumbai? I checked my local store but he has just RG6 coaxial cable which is sheilded. He knows nothing about subwoofer cables. Need help.

I need to make a subwoofer cable for running it in wall. I used regular coaxial cable RG6 (TV cable) earlier for a 10meter run which worked without any issue. I need to run now permanently a sub cable for around 12-13meter. Which cable should i buy? Also need some rca interconnects. Any place where i can get some decent quality cables and interconnects in mumbai? I checked my local store but he has just RG6 coaxial cable which is sheilded. He knows nothing about subwoofer cables. Need help.

Check Hifimart. Pick up their subwoofer cable as well as Dac plugs . I have done the same amd the cable is decent and well shielded .

Its not available in 15meter. I need a long one. Any recommendations?

Most AV dealers who do installation have raw cables in 100 meter rolls. They also have terminators and equipment to terminate. They are the best bet for you.

Cheers

Considering this in mind what budget should i be expecting these to come? Any brand to look for cables. I do no want very expensive ones but just good for the purpose. Will be going to lamington road and checking out some cables.
Please throw some light on MX brand. Have been using these for quite a long time and find them decent. Should i move on a step ahead or are these good enough.

just get bandridge cable for the requisite feet and connectors . I hope you can do the soldering yourself , else get someone to do it for you

The cable should be around Rs. 50-70 a mtr .

Amazed by the prompt response of hifimart. Unfortunately they dont sell 15meters. So will jave to rely upon other sources for the cable.

I Actually properly measured the distance and it now came to be 7.5 meters exactly and so i went ahead with bluerigger 10.5 meter subwoofer cable which i found very decent for my use. I have placed an order on amazon.in..........this is the link : BlueRigger Dual Shielded Subwoofer Audio RCA Cable with: Amazon.in: Electronics
GOT IT FOR Rs. 999/-
Hoping to get it soon. Also if there is any problem please let me know.
I will try to pass this cable from my inwall concealed pipes as it is. But if it doesnot go in then will have to cut the rca connectors and but other ones and solder it on this cable. What do you have to say about this?

I Actually properly measured the distance and it now came to be 7.5 meters exactly and so i went ahead with bluerigger 10.5 meter subwoofer cable which i found very decent for my use. I have placed an order on amazon.in..........this is the link : BlueRigger Dual Shielded Subwoofer Audio RCA Cable with: Amazon.in: Electronics
GOT IT FOR Rs. 999/-
Hoping to get it soon. Also if there is any problem please let me know.
I will try to pass this cable from my inwall concealed pipes as it is. But if it doesnot go in then will have to cut the rca connectors and but other ones and solder it on this cable. What do you have to say about this?

I suggest not to cut the connectors but instead de-solder them and re-solder them once passing the cable. I think the connectors may pass if this is the only cable in the wall tube without any bends.

I suggest not to cut the connectors but instead de-solder them and re-solder them once passing the cable. I think the connectors may pass if this is the only cable in the wall tube without any bends.

There are around 3 bends and a telephone cable running alongside. So its a bit difficult. Will try though

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back