DLNA Media Server

qinq

I have bought PS3 recently and have TB's of media file on my laptop and desktop computer, heard that i can stream video wirelessly (using 802.11 b/g).

I have tried PS3 Media Server and Nero Home Media 4.0, both have choppy videos problem.

I tried using wireless monitoring tools which said I am throttling the wireless bandwidth completely, so i hard-wired my computer using ethernet cable and stream the video over wireless AP. But still "choppy videos"!, checked this time I was using only half the wireless spectrum. Since its physically impossible for me to connect PS3 with ethernet cable is there a means to improve streaming videos over the wireless signal.

802.11n is developed for streaming multiple hi-def multimedia streams over wireless. Not sure if 802.11g will give you that trough-put.

cheers

I have bought PS3 recently and have TB's of media file on my laptop and desktop computer, heard that i can stream video wirelessly (using 802.11 b/g).

I have tried PS3 Media Server and Nero Home Media 4.0, both have choppy videos problem.

I tried using wireless monitoring tools which said I am throttling the wireless bandwidth completely, so i hard-wired my computer using ethernet cable and stream the video over wireless AP. But still "choppy videos"!, checked this time I was using only half the wireless spectrum. Since its physically impossible for me to connect PS3 with ethernet cable is there a means to improve streaming videos over the wireless signal.

Hi!! try TVersity - Home

Let me know the quality of videos through this.
If nothing works then store all your data in portable HDDs' and attach them directly to the ps3.
While you are at it, would you be kind enough to let me know if you are able to play .avi, mkv, h264 etc from your HDD via you PS3. This forum really needs your help on this. thanks in advance.

Sumit

Back