• 04.wav

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • All are same sounding

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Hard to tell due to minute difference in SQ

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you talking about retesting the hypothesis with slightly changed procedure? It can be done. But the important factor is the "trend" of this test which you have already said. The trend clearly indicates that CD copy do not change the sound aurally. It can only be picked up visually.
Anirban, there's no harm in re-testing the same with a slightly different procedure.

I suggest keep the options as below:
A. Original cd rip
B. 10th cd to cd copy rip
C. 10th eac rip
D. Nth cd to cd copy rip
E. All of them sound similar/can't make out the original

I guess the doubt here is 10th cd to cd copy will have the same bit structure - I am not sure if that will be the case why what's the harm in trying

@SachinChavan
Can you determine if there's audible difference if you cannot hear them. I guess that's the reason we had the blind test.

Overall I feel that since @anirban420 test has shown some data on the fact that there's not much audible difference wrt to the rips of the 10th copied cd which you can hear, there's somewhat an acceptability issue on the results. That's quite understandable.

I find wav files to sound much fuller than CD, I attribute this to CD player vs (PC OR wav being played thru usb input of CD players.)

If any thing wav does not have the mechanical interferences that perhaps entry level player contribute to during play back....i haven't done tests as prescribed here, sorry.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back