Do Soup Cans improve sound? I don't know but it sure is "FOOD" for thought.

trittya

The PUNJAB (whats left of it) & Delhi, India
Greetings from Darjeeling, All.
This sure makes for an interesting read.

The Importance of Soup in Audio

I would not negate it outright. I have a hunch there could be more to it than meets the eye. I am, by any means, not suggesting that FMs start piling these cans in their listening rooms.

Just that its something NEW that may actually ring true. Your opinions, comments and recommendations about such "tweaks" please . . .

Warm Regards

Never say never, not in audio:). Case in point is something Gobble and I noticed at my place this Sunday. I was demo-ing Gobble a 31 year old Technics 2-in-1 that we have. We played FM and the system would play continously if I stood close to it and stop when I moved away. We wondered why. Loose contact is ruled out as I was not touching it. We just concluded that the FM signal where the 2-in-1 was placed had poor signal and that my body acted as an antenna:).

About the bowls improving sound...hmmmm.

I have found that raising speakers by putting them on a block of stone can cure boominess. I have also heard differences before and after filling up my speaker stands with sand. An experienced audiophile once explained to me that the resonance within the hollow cavity in his speaker stand boosted the performance of his speaker.

Am just wondering if the soup bowls are actually doing the same thing here?

NWe played FM and the system would play continously if I stood close to it and stop when I moved awayme thing here?

The exact same thing happens with my sony fhg80 mini hifi. Once i stand near it the FM reception improves by leaps and bounds :)

Am just wondering if the soup bowls are actually doing the same thing here?

Santhosh, Methinx you got it wrong, buddy, I think its (filled) soup cans that the gent is talking about. I think its high time we started a TWEAKS thread, where FMs can post simple tweaks what they believe work for them, Whatsay you?

Thats just a timpepass article done by a stereophile reader :)

Cheers

I guess thats right, Gobble. I posted this mainly to generate discussion with opinions to come from FMs more experienced and learned than me. I do not propose that it be taken as gospel.

Cheerio

Thanks God! I haven't got the such capabilities which enables listening to energy changes in room occurred by soup cans or calories in my bodies parts. :lol:Otherwise I could not have enjoyed any music. :D

Decoupling the speaker from the table will definitely reduce boominess. Maybe the soup cans are doing the same. :lol:

Santhosh, Methinx you got it wrong, buddy, I think its (filled) soup cans that the gent is talking about. I think its high time we started a TWEAKS thread, where FMs can post simple tweaks what they believe work for them, Whatsay you?
Oh Filled?!! Then, that's a different tweak:eek:hyeah:. Also, you will get different results if the soup bowl is half-full than when it is half-empty:D. Yes Paaji, good idea to have a thread for tweaks.

Being tweakers, we have done the obvious things to improve the sound, such as enhancing the active crossovers with polypropylene capacitors, improving the fill and stiffness of the subwoofer enclose, and Monster Cabling everything.

It's a joke.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back