do we need to burn in cables when not used for some time

Even that is disputed, but hey, guess what, I'm on the side of the believers on that one :lol:

Actually, I am full of disbelief at the word belief having any place at all in a technical pass-time.

Anyway, if the cables are just used, then, if they needed burn-in, they'll get burn-in. Can't loose, eh?

Even that is disputed, but hey, guess what, I'm on the side of the believers on that one :lol:

Actually, I am full of disbelief at the word belief having any place at all in a technical pass-time.

Anyway, if the cables are just used, then, if they needed burn-in, they'll get burn-in. Can't loose, eh?

Hi thad
I don't deny your experience with metals but I am just believing my ears, just going by what I am listening

Hi Rikhav

IME, if broken in cables have not been used for a long time and put in back, it takes about an hour for it to play to its potential. This is assuming the system is the same. In your case you have changed the pre. Your new pre B1 would allow more bass which your previous cables may never have encountered. So your new cables might take a little more time to settle in. Probably a day.

Hi prem
That was kind of view point I was looking for. Thanks for sharing your experience

IMHO it is not the cables that need to be cooked but the speakers. You may notice that some speakers tend to sound better- able being played for a couple of days

Hello Sir
I was asking specifically about cables keeping other things constant and which are regularly used

Also agree with what you have written about the speakers but my query was about cables

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back