Doctor shares his secrets for weight loss !

buxx

Hi Guys ,

This is the first video in my Wellness Series.

I am starting with a topic that most of us have to struggle with- i.e Weight Loss.

In this video I will talk about :

1. Factors with major impact on your weight
2. Understanding the Obesity Code
3. How to start on your weight loss program.
4. Dietary Modifications to make.

In future videos, I will be talking about aspects such as Exercise, Physical activity, Yoga, Meditation , Sleep and their influence on your weight profile.

Do check it out :

Surely, i myself have trouble having sleep for the last 5 or so years, going on intermittent fasting and the likes, but since I got covid, I find it hard to go on diets now, plus no exercising for the time being

We already have lot of content and videos on YT, but I must say your videos are also very informative and helpful. I am again trying be cautious and careful about my health, I have liked your video and subscribed your channel. Please keep posting.
Best of luck.

From my side, I have these fundamentals:

1. Weight loss/fat loss happens when daily calorie intake deficit is achieved.
2. One can calculate their basic metabolic rate and daily calorie requirement.
3. TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is a sum of basic daily requirement + calories burned by physical activities which includes exercises.
4. For fat loss the objective is to eat less calorie than the TDEE, for gaining weight eat more than TDEE.
5. Weight gain can be either fat/ muscle/ or both.
6. Once the daily calorie intake is calculated out, nutrition (macros of protein/carbohydrates/fats, micros of mineral, vitamins ) can be customised . (Personally I follow always a balanced diet). It mean a distribution calorie wise to meals, and distribution of food component per meal.
7. Water intake is very important- hydration plays an important role of water retention, metabolism and waste removal
8. Resistance training of every group of muscles is a must.
9. Consistency and discipline will factor success of the objectives strived.
10. Holistically it means striving for a sustainable healthy lifestyle. Else it’s a snake ladder yo-yos.

Few feedbacks from my side having lost 12kgs of weight over 1 year period to achieve the target of a fit fifties lifestyle.

Last edited:
@prepress : you are very true when you say there is a lot of good content on health & wellness.
I have learnt a lot from many and wish to share whatever little I know with as many as I can. I can truly say that I know more about fitness now than I did 5 years back and (hopefully) will know more in the next 5 !

In the end, Health is THE most valuable thing that we can earn for ourselves.

@Enkay78 : bang on my friend, you have it laid crisp & clear ! Motivate yourself & others is the underlying vision I have for this channel.

Keep on watching & sharing your thoughts!

Nice one.

However once we regret on gaining weight and struggling to loose it, it is also better and useful to release a video focussing younger generation "how not to gain weight" in the meantime to stay healthy.

Regards

For those who may need to calculate. Hope it helps. It helped me much. I also keep a Google sheet for daily/weekly and monthly weight measurements. This is to make myself 'weight aware' or more correct 'fat aware'.

Keeping a dairy of workouts and exercises is also a fundamental - that way you know how much your body is primed and ways it can be pushed for muscle gain. Ah yes muscle gain is a fundamental to fat loss.

From my side, I have these fundamentals:

1. Weight loss/fat loss happens when daily calorie intake deficit is achieved.
2. One can calculate their basic metabolic rate and daily calorie requirement.
3. TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is a sum of basic daily requirement + calories burned by physical activities which includes exercises.
4. For fat loss the objective is to eat less calorie than the TDEE, for gaining weight eat more than TDEE.
5. Weight gain can be either fat/ muscle/ or both.
6. Once the daily calorie intake is calculated out, nutrition (macros of protein/carbohydrates/fats, micros of mineral, vitamins ) can be customised . (Personally I follow always a balanced diet). It mean a distribution calorie wise to meals, and distribution of food component per meal.
7. Water intake is very important- hydration plays an important role of water retention, metabolism and waste removal
8. Resistance training of every group of muscles is a must.
9. Consistency and discipline will factor success of the objectives strived.
10. Holistically it means striving for a sustainable healthy lifestyle. Else it’s a snake ladder yo-yos.

Few feedbacks from my side having lost 12kgs of weight over 1 year period to achieve the target of a fit fifties lifestyle.
Thanks for sharing..One big big caveat in the whole calorie in calorie out approach is that calorie out is not independent of calorie in...Infact body adjusts the BMR continuously...it can lower it by 40% and increase by 50%...This is the primary reason why any weight loss achieved by pure calorie deficit is not sustainable as you have to either continuously reduce the calorie intake as body reduces the BMR or lose the losing battle...Also once the body lowers the BMR, research has shown that it is not brought back to normal within the next 1 year as well.

I would recommend reading the Obesity code by Dr Jung as well

Thanks for sharing..One big big caveat in the whole calorie in calorie out approach is that calorie out is not independent of calorie in...Infact body adjusts the BMR continuously...it can lower it by 40% and increase by 50%...This is the primary reason why any weight loss achieved by pure calorie deficit is not sustainable as you have to either continuously reduce the calorie intake as body reduces the BMR or lose the losing battle...Also once the body lowers the BMR, research has shown that it is not brought back to normal within the next 1 year as well.

I would recommend reading the Obesity code by Dr Jung as well
True. After a certain daily calorie limit ....(let's say the BMR calorie requirement), the body goes into starvation mode.

That's why I said in my above posts that it's BASIC daily calorie need + calorie required for activities.

Since we are talking mainly of fatloss (which presumes that one is eating excess calories) hence the calorie deficit principle is the core one.

Another approach is to taper slowly the calorie excess while simultaneously increasing resistance training. This burns fats by consumption and muscle hypertrophy (which increases the BMR). A stage will come when one is aware of maintaining a desired weight with percentage body fat.

Just in case: I am also a doctor. A plastic surgeon senior Consultant.

Nice one.

However once we regret on gaining weight and struggling to loose it, it is also better and useful to release a video focussing younger generation "how not to gain weight" in the meantime to stay healthy.

Regards
@srinisundar : Point noted - the weight issue is a complex topic and needs multiple effort & videos. Keep watching, more to come !

After making this infotainment clip, I have found a new found respect for Youtube creators - it isn't as simple as it seems ! :p

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back