Does car audiophile exist?

ashkal

I think Audiophile and car audio doesn't exist at all. because it defy all the placement rule of speakers and acoustics.
People grade system and speaker just for their clarity and boom(99.9%). not for their ability produce music faithfully/ natural. without any colouration like in Home use.

Listening test is done in different acoustic setting than the real acoustic.
When one rates car audio as good, best and excellent on what basis?. Rating of car audio is very very personal. One cannot buy because of once rating or value of speakers.

Any comments

ash

Types of Car Audio Installs !!!

There are basically 2 types of car audio installs;

A] SPL
B] SQ

What you mentioned works best for SPL set ups. This is what most persons in our country try to do. Basically young persons etc.

SQ set ups are more difficult to get right.

http://www.venture-audio.com/default.aspx/?catid=104

This is just an example.
I am a believer in SQ. Where do you stay ? Mumbai ? There are a few set ups here that I can show to you, you may listen and decide for yourself.
Please do PM me if you are interested.

I will write more on the topic a bit later.

I think Audiophile and car audio doesn't exist at all. because it defy all the placement rule of speakers and acoustics.
People grade system and speaker just for their clarity and boom(99.9%). not for their ability produce music faithfully/ natural. without any colouration like in Home use.

Listening test is done in different acoustic setting than the real acoustic.
When one rates car audio as good, best and excellent on what basis?. Rating of car audio is very very personal. One cannot buy because of once rating or value of speakers.

Any comments

ash

Yes, you are right and wrong, Audiophile in car does not exist but at the same time , there are a group of people who always tries to get it done right in the car, and these are the professional Installers, not just a car audio shop installer but SQ installer.

If you want to know more about Car Audiophile, you can write to me anytime. I am a member of IASCA as well as an official IASCA judge, am base in Delhi anyway. Car Audio :DSQ is a big part of my life heh heh

Re: Types of Car Audio Installs !!!

There are basically 2 types of car audio installs;

A] SPL
B] SQ

What you mentioned works best for SPL set ups. This is what most persons in our country try to do. Basically young persons etc.

SQ set ups are more difficult to get right.

Venture Audio - HONG KONG&CHINA

This is just an example.
I am a believer in SQ. Where do you stay ? Mumbai ? There are a few set ups here that I can show to you, you may listen and decide for yourself.
Please do PM me if you are interested.

I will write more on the topic a bit later.

Yes bro absolutely right on, there is another category if i may add,

1) SPL, professional Sound Pressure Level compeition where the car with the highest Db wins. Simple as that,
2) SQ, professional Sound Quality where installation work, wiring, sound stage, Spectrum Balance, Depth Width Height, left and right, blah blah etc etc. Some people does tuning for a SQ car for a living too.
And this:
3) SB, i made this cat myself, basically, its a category of young chaps , who just wants 2 12" in their car hook to their amp with enough juice to blast with their windows wide open so that everyone in the neighbourhood knows when they come or go. Sound Blasting idiots~ heh heh

heh heh just my two cents worth.

you can't !

Car has lot of limitation to get best SQ.So I think audiophiles won't invest much in car

You are partially correct; Audiophile do not invest 'much' in car audio !!

What ever gear is installed, in a car one cannot spend more than 10 lacs. Hence the budget is 'finite'. Focal Utopia BE components & Utopia Subs + Audison Amps etc. etc. All will be done under 10 lacs & it may be 'one of the best' that money can buy !!! This is for car audio.

While in Home Audio, the budget is 'infinite' [well at least that is what i feel] !!

One could spend 3 to 4 crores and yet not have the 'best' !!!

Re: 100 %

I concur;

All are 'flavours' !!

totally agree with both of you, i still remember my first lesson when i was working in an audio shop, i ask the shop manager, which is the best system, and his answer is , whatever that is pleasing to your ears~~ :p

Re: thank you sir !

I love excursion, though not in that category

YouTube - Two 18inch Tc sound subs

3) SB, i made this cat myself, basically, its a category of young chaps , who just wants 2 12" in their car hook to their amp with enough juice to blast with their windows wide open so that everyone in the neighbourhood knows when they come or go. Sound Blasting idiots~ heh heh

:rolleyes:
['bro' sounds like team bhp lingo to me]

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back