Does connectivity from different HDMI ports matter?

pushkarajd

Hi,

I have a 50" LG 3D UHD TV and a Denon 1200 AVR. My AVR is acting as a mediacenter and all signals pass through the AVR. Till some weeks back I was using the ARC HDMI for obvious reasons.

I wasn't aware that the TV also had HDCP 2.2 (as I thought that my TV is old for HDCP 2.2 as it is now 2 yrs old). I changed from ARC to HDCP 2.2 and I immediately saw a huge difference in the picture clarity (did not check out movies but since I have a TATASKY HD connection, I saw a huge difference in the HD channels). I still thought that it should not be because of change or port and a couple of days back I reverted back to ARC HDMI since after changing the HDMI ports I was not able to route sound from my TV (for apps like Netflix and Amazon Video) to my AVR. After reverting back to ARC I am now able to get the audio from my AVR but the picture now looks dull and less sharp. I hadn't noticed this before as I had obviously not used HDCP 2.2 but was using ARC from day one. I tried boosting up brightness, contrast and sharpness to almost full, but I am still unable to get the quality that I was getting in HDCP 2.2.

Does HDCP make so much of a fifference. Need experts opinion and feedback.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back