Does RCA Audio Cable (Red/White) support Hi-Res 192KHz/24Bit music?

It works but using correct 50ohm cable provides better transfers by avoiding error due to HF oscillation. RCA Connector is major culprit. I suggest to use proper digital cable.

Thanks srinisundar and omishra for the replies. Really appreciate it.

Will this below cable support playback of 96KHz/24Bit Hi-Res music playback from Google Chromecast Audio to Marantz PM-6006?

Also will it support 192KHz/24Bit Hi-Res music playback from Pioneer BDP-180 to Marantz PM-6006?

BlueRigger 3.5mm to RCA (2) Stereo Audio Cable (8 Feet / 2.4 Meters) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B008UG6GCC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_OPJqzb3P9EYJN

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

To digitally connect Chromecast audio to PM6006, get the following cable.
Buy BlueRigger Toslink to Mini-Toslink Digital Optical S/PDIF Audio Cable (NOT a 3.5mm aux cable) with strain-relief PVC Jacket and Gold-Plated connectors (6 feet / 1.8 Meters) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

The cable you have linked above will enable an analogue connection between the Chormecast Audio and the PM6006 which means you will be using the Chromecast Audio DAC.

To connect the Pio bluray to the PM6006 you can use either

a optical cable
Buy BlueRigger Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable (6 Feet / 1.8 Meters) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

or an analogue interconnect
AmazonBasics 1/2-Male to 2-Male RCA Audio interconnects: Amazon.in: Electronics

The Chromecast Audio outputs analog via 3.5mm jack and digital via optical. If - as I presume - you want to use the dac in your Marantz, what you want is an optical cable.

Similiarly, you can use an optical cable between the BDP and receiver.

Thanks Kannan for the reply. The reason I am not using the BlueRigger Toslink to Mini Toslink Optical cable is, the two optical outputs on my Marantz PM-6006 are already occupied by the HiMedia Q5 Pro and PS3 for the audio out.

So that leaves me with this RCA Audio option only. Hence I was thinking of buying BlueRigger 3.5 to RCA Audio cable.

If I use this RCA cable, will support the 192/96KHz/24Bit Hi-Res music playback?

I know Google Chromecast Audio only supports Hi-Res music playback up to 96KHz/24Bit because of the Toslink bandwidth constraints.

Also with RCA cable use, it is a advantageous thing to use the Chromecast Audio's inbuilt DAC?

If I use this RCA cable, will support the 192/96KHz/24Bit Hi-Res music playback?

Please clarify what signal you want the RCA cables to carry: digital SPDIF coaxial signal from source to a DAC, or analog signal output from a source playing 24/192 content?

If it's the former, the RCA cables will work but they're not ideal.

If the latter, the RCA cables will work without issues.

So that leaves me with this RCA Audio option only.

You _could_ switch the HiMedia-Marantz connection from optical to coax. That'll free up an optical slot and solve your problem.

I know Google Chromecast Audio only supports Hi-Res music playback up to 96KHz/24Bit because of the Toslink bandwidth constraints.

The Chromecast Audio has a AKM AK4430ET dac that does 192 at 24.

Generally speaking, yes. But given your setup, I don't see how you can make this connection.

Thanks z@m for clearing the doubt. Really appreciate it.

It means I can playback 96KHz/24Bit Hi-Res music from my Google Chromecast Audio to Marantz PM-6006. That's a relief!

Isn't Google Chromecast Audio's inbuilt DAC AK4430ET capability to play full 192KHz/24Bit Hi-Res music irrelevant since the Toslink Optical has bandwidth constraints and can only output 96KHz/24Bit?

Also my HiMedia Q5 Pro does not have a Coaxial out on its back and only the higher model with the HDD caddy Q10 Pro has it. I now wish I could have the Q10 Pro!

Isn't Google Chromecast Audio's inbuilt DAC AK4430ET capability to play full 192KHz/24Bit Hi-Res music irrelevant since the Toslink Optical has bandwidth constraints and can only output 96KHz/24Bit?

Also my HiMedia Q5 Pro does not have a Coaxial out on its back and only the higher model with the HDD caddy Q10 Pro has it. I now wish I could have the Q10 Pro!

Why should 24bit/192khz be irrelevant if someone wishes to use it as a streamer cum DAC?

Anyhow if you plan to use the 3.5 mm to RCA cable for connecting CCA to the Marantz, then in CCA settings enable the 'High Dynamic Range' option for the best sound quality.
This setting is not relevant for digital streaming (i.e for optical cable connection).

Why should 24bit/192khz be irrelevant if someone wishes to use it as a streamer cum DAC?

Anyhow if you plan to use the 3.5 mm to RCA cable for connecting CCA to the Marantz, then in CCA settings enable the 'High Dynamic Range' option for the best sound quality.
This setting is not relevant for digital streaming (i.e for optical cable connection).
Oops! Thanks for correcting me.. Why would the CCA's DAC not be used to its full potential since the RCA Audio can support 192KHz/24Bit.. Please let me know if my understanding is correct..

In the CCA's setting I checked the option for High Dynamic Range already but never knew when or what type (Good kind) of effect it will enable for the music playback!

In the CCA's setting I checked the option for High Dynamic Range already but never knew when or what type (Good kind) of effect it will enable for the music playback!

Let me know what your's ears perceive by enabling and disabling it.

Thanks for clearing the doubt! Really appreciate it.. ?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back