Does the Price of Tata Sky varies from Customer to Customer- In my case its True

Hello All Forun Member,
I was going through the views from the Forum members regarding the Tata Sky HD channel pack, their price and the fear of price increase by most of the forum members. Here is an interesting information regarding the price of Tata Sky Service. I was shifted to TS from Airtel appx. 2 year back . My main reason for shifting was HD channels and moreover DVR faciity also. At that time I found Tata SKy better option among Dish TV, Airtel and Videocon. I found the quality of HD+ set top box of TS better and it had digital coaxial output as well as optical too.But right know I m talking about the Price for the Tata Sky. I was using the mid level (SD) channel pack ( I dont remember the exact name @Rs 215 + 50 for Hd. till start of Feb 2012. After that i didn't recharge my Tata Sky account as the exams for my kids were on the head. Meanwhile after couple of days when my service expired, calls from TS customer started at my registered Mobile No. They were offereing some rebate specially for me (as they told me) . I clearly replied that untill my kid's exams are not over i will not start the service. Inspite of that they continued to call and offer me the discount .After 23rd of March 2012 when the Kid's exams were over they made me a call and offered me a package that if i renew my prev. pack of Rs. 215 for 4 months then they will charge @185 PM and If i go for ten months or more it will be 160 Pm. and the Hd pack will be extra @ 75 Pm. Meanwhile I met with a person in bus while I was going to Delhi. He told me that he was working in Tata SKy In gurgaon office. I shared all these with that person. He advised and told me that when next time I get a call from TS c. care I should say that I want to continue my pack@1500 for the whole year and he also told me that I should say to representative that for this offer ( Rs.1500 for a year for my prev. pack) i received a call from tata sky, which actually I didn't recd. But I did the same as he told me. Surprisingly I got the supreme sports pack @ 1500 for 12 months. And this is valid till 29-03-2013. And for Hd pack I m recharging my acount @75 pm till know. And today I called TS custome care and confirmed that it is still @ Rs. 75 for HD pack and my basic pack is valid till March 2013. Thats all and sorry for the so long post
If anyone has something like this pls share
Regds
Ashutos

Last edited:
Thanks for the useful info.

Enjoy HD pack @75.

Please update in case you receive a call/email informing that the HD subscription method is changed and you need to subscribe SD channels to get the HD version.

To other forum members,

is there anyone else getting HD pack @75?

Nice Info.

My subscription ends 31 dec and there is no way I will go with the existing price point for renewal.

I have invested big time with 2 DVRs and 2 STBs but unless they agree to lower down on annual pack costs I wont mind shifting to other or put the subscription on hold.

TS is not adding any quality channels in HD and are pushing unwanted channels like colors HD which I am sure hardly anyone wants. On top of it they have come out with this stupid policy of having corres SD channel for the HD channel we want to watch. How on earth can they claim it to be a logical move.

I hope better sense prevail in TS head honchos sooner than later.

i just got an email saying that when I subscribe to the SD channels I will get the HD channels FREE ! This is not an issue as I subscribe to the sports pack anyway. However, to get the HD channels I have to pay Rs 100 per month as their HD Access FEE :)))))) Apparently this does not increase when you add any other HD channels (which can only be done by selecting the appropriate SD channels a la carte!). My bill is now just a little below rs 600 per month !!! What is going on?

This happened to me as well .. 280 Rs worth SD channels package was offered for 1500 Rs a year package which comes out to be 125 Rs. If you want lesser package from sky , just dont recharge for a month :)

The HD access fee is very irrattional. Let us assume that someone is subscribed to a pack that contains 3 SD channels which have HD counterpart. Another subscribers is subscribed to a top end package that has all 11 SD/HD channels. If both want HD, both have to pay Rs. 100 pm. Is this fair to the first person?

There was an update on TS STB about HD Access fee. The exact text, I can't remember but what it said was,
We have removed HD Gold Pack by popular demand and introduced the HD Access fee which is more in line with consumer requests and feedback that we received

if we go without any recharge for a month, is there any penalty for activation/recharge?

How many months we can go with no recharge and no penalty ?

The HD access fee is very irrattional. Let us assume that someone is subscribed to a pack that contains 3 SD channels which have HD counterpart. Another subscribers is subscribed to a top end package that has all 11 SD/HD channels. If both want HD, both have to pay Rs. 100 pm. Is this fair to the first person?

There was an update on TS STB about HD Access fee. The exact text, I can't remember but what it said was,

We have removed HD Gold Pack by popular demand and introduced the HD Access fee which is more in line with consumer requests and feedback that we received

It is not because of popular demand, it is because they want to make more money from the existing HD customers. Every HD user will have to pay 100 regardless of how many HD channels they want to watch. This amount is equal to the current HD pack cost. So they are getting the amount and in addition to that customers will have to pay for the SD version of the same channels.

This is ridiculous and nonsense. Why would someone will pay for SD channel when HD channel is available.

Tatasky should have increased the HD Pack fee if they are adding more channels.

Now they can advertise that "they are not charging anything for HD channels" or "HD Channels are given free" :mad:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back