Dolby atmos

javin9200

I was using the same for about 1/2 months and its been going very well . Yesterday i connected height spearks to it and done the amp assignment to top middle. But when i put my ear close to the height spearks and the surrounds the music or the effects are the same. Pls guide me with or is this the usual thing or i need the avr to get a firmware update which i am scared to as most of the time it gets failed. Yesterday saw the movie wonder woman and it is in dolby atmos. I opted for pure direct mode. The input signal is atmos it shows on the screen and the output is true hd and atmos. But the surrounds and atmos spekers are giving the same thing. Am i doing something wrong pls suggest me.Is it possible that it sounds the same. Or there must be other effects from surrounds and from the Atmos speakers. Pls hifivision family help me out of this problem. Thanks.

Sry i did not mention its marantz sr 5012 i watched yesterday wonder woman and its shows when i click info button that input signal is dolbly atmos and the output is tru hd/ Atmos the active speakers include the top height middle left and right. But the surrounds throw the same effects as the atmos speaker throws. Pls help thanks

Sry i did not mention its marantz sr 5012 i watched yesterday wonder woman and its shows when i click info button that input signal is dolbly atmos and the output is tru hd/ Atmos the active speakers include the top height middle left and right. But the surrounds throw the same effects as the atmos speaker throws. Pls help thanks

Does this happen for all the Atmos files or only for this movie?

Try downloading some demo files from this site and see if you are getting the same problem from those speakers

https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/dolby-trailers/

I was using the same for about 1/2 months and its been going very well . Yesterday i connected height spearks to it and done the amp assignment to top middle. But when i put my ear close to the height spearks and the surrounds the music or the effects are the same. Pls guide me with or is this the usual thing or i need the avr to get a firmware update which i am scared to as most of the time it gets failed. Yesterday saw the movie wonder woman and it is in dolby atmos. I opted for pure direct mode. The input signal is atmos it shows on the screen and the output is true hd and atmos. But the surrounds and atmos spekers are giving the same thing. Am i doing something wrong pls suggest me.Is it possible that it sounds the same. Or there must be other effects from surrounds and from the Atmos speakers. Pls hifivision family help me out of this problem. Thanks.

Have u tried selecting Dolby Atmos /Dolby Surround ( movie) on remote .Have u run the Audyssey room calibration after assigning the speakers to Top Middle?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back