Dolby prologic 2 vs Dts neo 6 music mode

joemathew85

Which of the following is better for listening audio cds(2 channel)
Dolby prologic 2 music mode [/B]or Dts neo6 music mode

If I had to choose only between DPL II or DTS Neo6 for music, I'd go for the former. But then if I had the additional choice of stereo too, neither of these two pseudo surround formats would substitute for plain vanilla stereo.

im planning to buy a home theatre. sony DAVDZ810 which has dpl2 music mode. sony BDV-E870 - has neo 6 music mode but only dpl2 movie mode. No dpl 2 music mode. E870 plays blu ray but cost is high.even if i buy a dedicated blu ray player along wit DAV DZ810 , th cost ll be less than that of E870. Which shud i buy. I prefer sony and wud like to listen to my cds using virtual surround

Stereo, Pure audio and pure direct modes are good for music.

Unless you have a music DVD with 5.1 sound of course. Available from e.g. Kscope, that do generally very good CD/DVD "kits", provided you are into that kind of music (neo prog etc).

Last edited:
DTS Neo:6 has always sounded better to me when i want to upconvert the 5.1 input to 7.1 channels, but your ears are the best judge for you.

If you dont want to listen in stereo mode,then Dts neo6 ,which sounds little better.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back