Dolby vision vs HDR

girishtd8262

Hi . As per my knowledge Dolby vision is a form of HDR.
On my Sony oled on Netflix when I play 4k videos the display card shows it as Dolby vision.even when I search for HDR videos all the titles shown are Dolby vision.
But on my Epson 9400 projector with nvidia shield same titles are shown as 4k HDR.
None of the titles are displayed as Dolby vision.
Why is that so . wheather projectors are capable of playing Dolby vision videos or not.

Hi . As per my knowledge Dolby vision is a form of HDR.
On my Sony oled on Netflix when I play 4k videos the display card shows it as Dolby vision.even when I search for HDR videos all the titles shown are Dolby vision.
But on my Epson 9400 projector with nvidia shield same titles are shown as 4k HDR.
None of the titles are displayed as Dolby vision.
Why is that so . wheather projectors are capable of playing Dolby vision videos or not.
9400 is not Dolby Vision compatible hence it shows all of such content as 4K HDR

Dolby vision is licensed. Please confirm with specs if your PJ supports Dolby vision
Specs show HDR,HDR 10 and HLG.
All on scale ranging from 1to 15 on settings.i could see obvious colour changes with Inc the number the pic becoming more darker and with Dec number it becomes more brighter.
I have kept it as auto to select the video quality.i feel that's the best thing to do.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back