Doubt?

pebu

I have attached the backside of Pioneer DVD player DV 355 . I have planned to purchase Multimedia speakers from Philips and connect to player . I want to know whether my player supports 5.1 system ?

Attachments

• Pioneer DV355.jpg
    Pioneer DV355.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 117
What exactly are these multimedia speakers? Model? It is 5.1? What inputs does it have?

If it has digital coaxial or optical input then you can get 5.1 output. Otherwise you will not.

I have attached the backside of Pioneer DVD player DV 355 . I have planned to purchase Multimedia speakers from Philips and connect to player . I want to know whether my player supports 5.1 system ?

your DVD player seem to have only two out puts left and right, but it has digital out put but the phillips multimedia speaker does not have support Digital input.you would be able to hook only two speakers from RCA .

your DVD player seem to have only two out puts left and right, but it has digital out put but the phillips multimedia speaker does not have support Digital input.you would be able to hook only two speakers from RCA .

Kindly suggest me the system supports my player

hey pebu,

i was in exactly the same situation as you. What I did was that I sold my old Sony DVD player on ebay for 3000 bucks, and bought a new Philips 5996 for Rs. 3990. And I bought the 5000 bucks Philips 5.1 multimedia speakers and hooked them up the analogue outs of the 5996, and in my small listening area it's working out to be a fun "home theate" a 5,000 buck steroid shot for my puny sounding plasma, with the added benefit of proper 5.1 surround. You even have a decent amount of calibration options on the 5996 including speaker levels and speaker delay.

I realise that the Pioneer's picture will exceed that of the Sony or the Philips, but i bought this philips to while away time till i pick up my BD player, and it's not too shabby an upscaler (no better or worse than the Sony NS708).

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back