Dth-hd broadcast

The point here is the quality of the incoming signal. I simply refuse to believe that all the tataskys and suns and airtels really give us dvd quality in their basic transmissions.
Even if we upscale these substandard signals, i am not sure if we will end up with DVD qulaity picture- forget HD quality.
SO, in that sense, HD does make a case of better inputs..

To add salt to the wounds, as we all know- a dvd has a resolution of 0.5MP whereas a full HD 1080p is equivalent to 2MP. Hence, a Full HD is 4 times as clear as a DVD.
And Sun TV says that their picture is going to be 5 times as clear as existing transmission.. So where does that put the quality of existing transmission?

okay here's some inside info.
first the res will be HD ready as of now. 720p. and not 1080i. also, it might just be 4:3 res for the tamil channels. :) check out satcodx. u'll know what i'm talking about. after all dont believe everything the dth companies say. they said they'll giv us dvd quality pic and cd quality sound. they gav us vcd quality pic and mp3 quality sound. :D now they claim to giv us HD. :)

1080i might be introduced later when discovery, nat geo and espn launch their versions.

the real question is about connectivity. will it hav component or HDMI connectivity? also, it claims it will hav 5.1 channel audio. what kind of connectivity will the audio output have? analog 5.1 via RCA, or coaxial or optical? these are questions on my mind right now.

It is mentioned elsewhere in this thread that it will have a HDMI out. If it is HDMI 1.3a, then the sound can be clubbed in the HDMI out.

My take
1) Do not become techno - ginipig-----

Let it come and used by others
See the output in demo
Test it at least 5 dealers place
Keep on checking this forum

Let competition come

See if technology stabilizes.
Wait for elections as SUN tv has political interest :yahoo::clapping::eek:hyeah:
( anyway how our politicians look in 1080 P??)

Again wait for competition -- and your cabelwala too

and then onl buy it!!

It is mentioned elsewhere in this thread that it will have a HDMI out. If it is HDMI 1.3a, then the sound can be clubbed in the HDMI out.

thats not much of a concern, as most HT users would like to hear the audio via the HT and not from the TV set. (As it is LCDs have crap sound output)

btw, can anyone confirm if it'll be having any component out etc?

thats not much of a concern, as most HT users would like to hear the audio via the HT and not from the TV set. (As it is LCDs have crap sound output)

btw, can anyone confirm if it'll be having any component out etc?

@frnd08 - We seem to be chatting...

I would assume it has to have HDMI or else cannot be called HDTV.

true but for people like us (the HD Ready brigade), that should be more than sufficient :)

That's correct especially with the PV8 that I have... But you know what, I'm already lusting after the Full HD 50" plasma from Panasonic and planning to shift the PV8 to my parents' bedroom. The culprit is my cousin who has moved to Blu-Ray and has been getting Blu-Ray DVDs from Amazon and now that I've seen quite a few movies on Blu-Ray on his setup, SD content just does not cut it anymore.

now that I've seen quite a few movies on Blu-Ray on his setup, SD content just does not cut it anymore.

That's it moserw. Once you taste blood you can't eat grass anymore. Welcome to the real world! :yahoo:

Regards,
Sharad

hehe all the best....i am content in the knowledge that i can't afford anything like that for at least a couple of years. :D

That's correct especially with the PV8 that I have... But you know what, I'm already lusting after the Full HD 50" plasma from Panasonic and planning to shift the PV8 to my parents' bedroom. The culprit is my cousin who has moved to Blu-Ray and has been getting Blu-Ray DVDs from Amazon and now that I've seen quite a few movies on Blu-Ray on his setup, SD content just does not cut it anymore.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back