.dts file player

Hello all,
I have .dts music files on my PC. If I want to burn it and play in a CD/DVD player, how to convert this into .wav? or what kind of player play these files?

Hi,

I have a huge collection of .dts titles which I play in my HTPC using powerDVD 9 and I use Nero 8 and burn them as audio CDs and play them in my Samsung DVDP, it plays them well and I can see the Dts logo on my AVR.

Cheers!

Hello all,
I have .dts music files on my PC. If I want to burn it and play in a CD/DVD player, how to convert this into .wav? or what kind of player play these files?

Simply rename the file extension with .wav and burn it as an audio CD using Nero etc., then play it only in your DVD player. If your DVD player can decode dts audio then it will definitely play.

Simply rename the file extension with .wav and burn it as an audio CD using Nero etc.,

absolutely correct. i do it all the time.

then play it only in your DVD player. If your DVD player can decode dts audio then it will definitely play.
this also is mostly correct. but i can add the following clarification to it :-

a CD / DVD player can output the audio either (i) digitally (thru co-ax/optical) or (ii) in the analogue domain (2 channel RCA out).

in case you are using method (i), it makes no difference whether you use a DVD player or a CDP. the data is transferred by the DVD/CD player to the amp digitally, which then decodes the signal and plays the DTS files. that is why "svenkateshsmart" can see the DTS logo on his AVR !! i have tried this with my DVD/CD players and both methods work fine.

in case you are using method (ii), the DTS signal has to be decoded into 2 channel analogue before sending to the amp via RCA, which a CDP is not designed for and will fail to do (see CAUTION below). the only option is to use a DVD player which can decode the DTS signal and output thru analogue 2 channel. please note that DTS decoding inside the DVD player is not very common. most of them can only bitstream DTS, i.e. pass on the encoded digital signal to an amp for decoding, which is why we see the "DTS Digital Out" on the front face of a DVD player. however, most of even the low cost DVD players can decode Dolby Digital and output thru 5.1 analogue outs.

to sum up, it matters not whether you use a DVD or CD player. all you have to do is use the co-ax or optical output for connecting the player to your amp. you will get the coveted DTS logo on the AVR display and be able to enjoy DTS surround sound.

caution - in case you play the burned CD on a CDP and select analogue outs, you will get "white noise" which can damage your speakers at high volume. this is because the CDP will see the .wav file extension and try to play it like a normal CD audio file and will obviously get "junk" data as output.

hope the above helps....

Hi,

I have a huge collection of .dts titles which I play in my HTPC using powerDVD 9 and I use Nero 8 and burn them as audio CDs and play them in my Samsung DVDP, it plays them well and I can see the Dts logo on my AVR.

Cheers!

I've tried to write the .dts file with nero 10 but it is not detecting the .dts audio file it says " Some of the files u tried to add was not supported audio files. These files were not added" wht to do?????

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back