DTS-X Supported Home Theatres.

Hello Everyone,

I finally ordered my new TV, and needless to say a 30W speaker just wouldn't cut the mustard. So I was looking for a good home theatre systems. The only problem is, in India, the great commercial market place this it is, 80% of stuff is "Out of Stock".

I am looking for a home theatre system that has DTS-X. I am a novice in the sound area. So some suggestions would be helpful. For now, I don't have a budget in mind. So a budget friendly option and a good option would give me a good idea of what to look for. I looked through Yamaha's website, couldn't find anything of note. I found a few sound bars that support DTS-X, but that is not what I am looking for.

Oh, my TV is Mi QLED 75.

Hi. Welcome to HFV.
As you yourself admitted to being a novice, I would suggest you go through the forum thoroughly, especially What should I buy threads. DTS-X is just one of the surround sound formats. Soundbars usually use Atmos or DTS-X branding without giving the real experience. For that a 5.1 or higher channel system will be required.
Visit a few dealers in your city. Yes, many are available in Kolkata also. That will give you some idea.
Then you can come back with more specific queries.

Due to the forced WFH guidelines, people bought whatever was available before the lockdown and so almost everything electronics like laptops, soundbars, HTs were lapped up. Then the intermittent lockdowns meant production of most items was erratic. Many dealers ask to wait till August, when most stocks would pile up. Hope you get a good selection as half of July is over.

Atmos need 7.1 (5.1.2) speaker config, DTS:X can mange high channels virtually. I suggest start with 7.1 depending on your room to experience these new formats.

My room is big. About 40'x25'. I was Googling a bit yesterday and stumbled across Yamaha RX-A2A. It's features looked good. At 84K price, is it considered a expensive or bare minimum that I need?

Please share your plan including seating plan so that the listening area could be understood. Otherwise 40X25 is too big for usual systems and you may need to go pro for that.

Yes. That is not a worry. First I need to know the parts required for 7.1.2 system. From what I gathered, I would need:

A/V Receiver.
And lots of speakers!

I narrowed it down to the Yamaha one I mentioned above. Don't know how good that is. The rest, I am still searching. I would prefer floor standing speakers. I looked at Yamaha NS-F160. Again reviews are hard to find. That is why looking for opinions!

Yes. That is not a worry. First I need to know the parts required for 7.1.2 system. From what I gathered, I would need:

A/V Receiver.
And lots of speakers!

I narrowed it down to the Yamaha one I mentioned above. Don't know how good that is. The rest, I am still searching. I would prefer floor standing speakers. I looked at Yamaha NS-F160. Again reviews are hard to find. That is why looking for opinions!
I am sorry to say that the mentioned receiver and floorstanders will fail to energize your 40x25 room. Going back to the previous question, what will be your listening area within the whole room?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back