Dual monitor issue

CD(GC)? What's that?

My TV is working perfectly, and I have the latest ATI drivers installed. My problem is when I switch the TV off but not the receiver, then my Dell (which is the only display on at the moment) displays the secondary screen (which the TV was displaying when it was on), and my primary screen (desktop icons etc.) is missing.

Basically I can think of two things that may fix the problem, but I can do neither:
#1) Try "Force TV Detection" in Catalyst Control (but the option is missing)
#2) Try in Win7 to change the display number of DENON-AVR to #2 and Dell to #1 (but can't find a way to do that)

@theironhorse: I don't know how to change the display numbers in the adapter properties.

I have manually tried to change the DVI port that the Dell is connected to in the back, but that makes no difference.

Well CD meens,the Driver CD which came with Dell.
In nvidia,force detection is applicable to S-video out & not DVI/HDMI connection.

Last edited:
Can you connect your HTPC directly to the TV and eliminate that the issue is primarily with connecting to Denon or wrt your HTPC? I am currently using my dell laptop on win 7 and using the dual monitor to switch between TV and laptop.

Can you connect your HTPC directly to the TV and eliminate that the issue is primarily with connecting to Denon or wrt your HTPC? I am currently using my dell laptop on win 7 and using the dual monitor to switch between TV and laptop.

Well,he dont want to add another cable for audio.

gimme a days time i got win 7 ultimate..lemme chk it with ati .... will be back to you tomm..dont worry we gotta get this fixed

hold on ...m still here to help you..will send you some screenshots tomm.. got some issues at internet at home..so from doin from friends system...some more time...

Does windows vista 64 bit driver work on win 7 64 bit?

Booted 64 bit install on Vista, Catalyst shows all option there.

#2) Try in Win7 to change the display number of DENON-AVR to #2 and Dell to #1 (but can't find a way to do that)

Hi vebk,
Could you please try following options and post the results.

Option 1:
Step 1: Boot up your PC on Windows 7.
Step 2: Turn on your AVR.
Step 3: Press Start (Windows key) + P
Step 4: You should be able to see four options.
a. Computer only.
b. Duplicate.
c. Extended.
d. Projector only.

Select the option which you would want.

Option 2:
Step 1: Boot up your PC on Windows 7.
Step 2: Turn on your AVR.
Step 3: Go to Control Panel --> Display --> Change Display Settings (On left hand side)
Step 4: Kindly post what it shows preferably a snapshot.

I think option 1 should help out. If it helps out then please post some smileys. Be happy with music.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back