Dual sub tuning

sandeeprawat

Hi Folks,

I am contemplating getting a new sub for my HT due to a deal in market.

Existing sub is BIC Pl200 and I was wondering if it will pair well with Dali E12F.

I know I don't really need it but I feel I'll get a great punch with dual sub.

Any thoughts if pairing/tuning is going to be an issue? Any FM tried above combo before?

Thanks in advance.

If you have not gotten the sub already, then better dont. Getting two Subs to talk the same language is not easy. Many here have dipped their fingers in that pot and burnt.

Now, if you can find another BIC, that would prove to be much easier to tune and also give you better performance.

MaSh

Hi Folks,

I am contemplating getting a new sub for my HT due to a deal in market.

Existing sub is BIC Pl200 and I was wondering if it will pair well with Dali E12F.

I know I don't really need it but I feel I'll get a great punch with dual sub.

Any thoughts if pairing/tuning is going to be an issue? Any FM tried above combo before?

Thanks in advance.

I think with subwoofers being that they are omnidirectional and sending output in the lower frequencies you do not have to worry so much about timbre matching as you do with the main or bed channel speakers. I think you can easily get both subs to work well together as long as they are properly time aligned to each other, phase aligned and putting out similar gain so that one is not overpowering the other.

I think with subwoofers being that they are omnidirectional and sending output in the lower frequencies you do not have to worry so much about timbre matching as you do with the main or bed channel speakers. I think you can easily get both subs to work well together as long as they are properly time aligned to each other, phase aligned and putting out similar gain so that one is not overpowering the other.
Practically was very difficult esp. if they are two very different subs. I tried with various tools but then gave up as the difference in output (also class) and type made it very difficult to integrate.

Not Easy to integrate 2 different Subs .
I tried doing it in a quad sub setup
2 - SVS SB16 Ultras
2 - Rythmik F15HP

Found it almost impossible and it took a lot of tinkering over several weeks to get it right

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back