Dual zone 2 channel stereo sound setup

ManishW

Hi,

I am not sure how to put this across and am hoping you guys can guide me in the right direction.

My living room and bar are connected to each other with a double sliding door. I use the bar more often to entertain guests but for large parties I use both the living room and bar. I am looking for a solution where I can play music just in the living room or in the bar or in both at the same time. I should be able to control the volume or change tracks from either of the two rooms without having to physically access the source.

I am looking for a stereo amp as this setup will be purely for music. The amp should be WiFi/ Bluetooth and should preferably have iOS and Android app to play music & control volume etc. using an iPad or an iPhone. It should be able to drive my Bose 901 in the living room. For the Bar (300 sq. feet) I am looking for wall mount speakers with a sub. Would have loved to put floor standing there but dont have the space.

Dont have a fixed budget but wouldnt like to sell my house to buy the amp! Your help and guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Manish

Sonos does exactly this. It is basically plug and play, and has a really good smartphone app to control everything. You can choose to play the same song in multiple rooms, or play different songs in different rooms - whatever you want.

This video describes its capabilities. I haven't used it personally, but a bunch of my friends have, and everyone has raved about it - in terms of ease of use, ease of setup, and overall quality. And all their speakers are wireless so you don't have to do any wiring either. I also like the fact that Sonos allows you to expand this to multiple rooms or expand from 2 to 2.1 to 5.1 in the same room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jGTcCNacQQ

The Sonos System | Sonos

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back