Dubai Shopping Fest 2013 - Need suggestion

gguru

Hello All,

I have got the below list from DSF 2013 from one of my friends. These prices are excluding shipping+Customs. My friend told that shipping+ customs will cost 15-20K. Taking the maximum cap, which one would you suggest.

1. Harman AVR 70 + JBL SCS 200 BK - Rs. 34,048 + Free AKG K912 Head phones
2. Harman AVR 70 + JBL SCS 140 BK - Rs.32,567 + Free AKG K912 Head Phones
3. Harman AVR 70 + Harman HKTS9BQ - Rs.37,000
4. Denon AVR 1513 + Boston XS 5.1 - Rs. 23,000
5. Denon AVR1713 + Boston XS - Rs.44,500
6. Denon AVR 1513 + Pure Acoustics SN5.1 - Rs.33,000
7. Yamaha AVR RX-V373 + Polk Audio TL 1600 HT - Rs.30,000

I really love to have a system which sounds good for music as well. my room size is 12x 24 (living + dining) and the system will be kept in hall. Need quick advice from you all.

Thanks

One of my friends stays there and he went around shops to find the best possible deals. I need to confirm my choice by this week!

For 20K( which is spent for shipping + customs) you can go round trip to dubai and you can self carry the same without duty.

Regards

:) Thats a good idea! May be i should plan for DSF 2014.. In this list which one is best pick ? Or is it better to check out deals from US online websites and ship to india using borderlinx ?

HI,
My relative who was many years in dubai says DSF is nothing but removing of old stocks,the have to do it compulsory it is controlled by their municipality.

thanks.

stay away from HK combo, go with any of the Denon combos..........I personally like Denon + XS 5.1

stay away from HK combo, go with any of the Denon combos..........I personally like Denon + XS 5.1
=========================================================

aakashr,

i would advise you to stay away from blanket statements.

If you have personal experience with use of the equipment you recommend or do not recommend.. please back it up with more details..

making blanket statements.. and expressing ones preference without backup mud slinging..

regards,
mpw
==================================================

There are many on the forum who like the HK combo and there are many who go with others..

None of the combos you mention are "too wrong". If there are intended for HT use in a small-medium room.. any should be OK..

try to audition and decide..

FYI..One of my close cousins got the denon 3313 and Kliisch SW112 sub ( to replace his old HK AVR and sub ) for approx aed 6699 + aed 2300 + iphone 5 free of cost , He continues to use his JBL FS as part of his 7.1 setup with which he is happy. The HK AVR which he replaced was with him for 8 years and served him very very well indeed. The deal was from hificity in dubai..

I personally use the HK AVR and they are powerful..and are into their 3rd year now.

The HK 70 is rated at 70W at 6 ohm and is not so powerful for large rooms but may compare well with the options you specify.

The DSF is about getting a good deal.. its largely about price ..and if you find one that suits you.. go for it..

mpw
=======================================================

Well.. looks like DSF is stock clearance and we get something similar in India also. I have got a quote for Denon 1713 with Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 for 55 from a local. When i ship something from DSF it will be more than this!.. Now please help me chose these

Speakers:
1. Energy take class 5.0 - 149$ (with shipping it will be 16K). I will have to manage a woofer locally.
2. Boston Acoustics SoundWave XS 5.1 - 25K (in US also it seems to be the same price). Can be purchased locally.
3. Polk Audio RM6750 - 169$ for full 5.1. Landing cost will be 20K. Seen good reviews

AVR:
Denon 1713 : 32K in Bangalore. Its better to have this sourced locally. I dont have any other choice now. Please suggest if i should look for anything else.

My budget is 50K.

If i need to go for different speakers please advice. Polk audio front speakers + something?

I wanna close this HT by this month end.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back