DVD 5.1 HTS speakers to AVR.

kaptan

HI,

I have Sony DVD home theater system Model No: Sony DAV DZ290K

Can I be able to connect the speakers of the above mentioned hts to the :cool:AVR Pioneer Receiver.

Kaptan,

Some of the speakers are 1 way full range. You could try putting them in series connection (not parallel). You can learn more Series Vs. Parallel Wiring

BTW, congratulations on receiving your Pioneer and enjoy your product. Well, I am still waiting for my Sony 7.1 from Ebay.

Cheers!

Thanx Deepchand. have you checked in iccworld regarding the shipping. have u got any message??

Kaptan, I got in touch with Ebay over phone and chat and they confirmed that the seller delayed in shipping to the reseller (ICC) and hence the delay. But, it should reach within the stipulated date 28 June.

No probs, I should be getting the Sony or in case of a refund, I will go for a Pioneer like you guys did.

Anyways, do let us know how your Sony speakers sound in series.

Cheers!

I cant understand the article Deep. Please explain me clearly. sorry for the inconvenience. I have Carnival 6 floorstanders with me.

Kaptan,

In simple terms, two speakers of same impedance in series doubles the impedance and in parallel halves it. In your case, two Sony speakers in series 3 Ohms + 3 Ohms will make it 6 Ohms, which should be fine with your Pioneer. You can either use the combination as fronts, front highs or even surrounds.

Most importantly, your Sony speakers are 1 way and full range, so such a connection can be advised.

Though it is not very complicated, I would advise that you do a little more research, or even look for some more simpler articles on the topic in the net and go about it.

I do have an assortment of some bookshelves and even Sony 3 Ohms speakers and have tried various combinations in the past with great success. But again, PLEASE TRY only if you understand the concept well.

Best+

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back