DVD/BluRay player with 5.1 analog audio outputs

angynagpal

Hi Friends,
I am looking for a DVD or Bluray player which has 5.1 analog audio outputs (which I can connect to my sub-cum-amp which only has analog inputs) and can play .mkv files off USB without any stuttering (Sometimes the avi files played through my dvd player stutter when played through USB, but playing the same file on DVD-R works perfectly).

I would like the get the cheapest option available as later on I would be buying a better Bluray player which would be connected to an AVR with hdmi and optical inputs.

You should look at buying a Dune HD Max which has all the parameters you desire. Its a full fledged media player with Region Free BD and DVD playback. Also it has 7.1 Analogue as well as all sorts of digital out in it.

You should look at buying a Dune HD Max which has all the parameters you desire. Its a full fledged media player with Region Free BD and DVD playback. Also it has 7.1 Analogue as well as all sorts of digital out in it.

But isnt it very expensive? I think its around 35-40k! Dont wanna spend that much at the moment, I can buy an awesome AVR at that price ;)!

But isnt it very expensive? I think its around 35-40k! Dont wanna spend that much at the moment, I can buy an awesome AVR at that price ;)!

Yes it's MRP is 36K so you can say that its expensive but it will also solve all your purposes and you will not have to dump the hardware you purchase right now as eventually your requirement pushes you towards a player like Dune.

Yes it's MRP is 36K so you can say that its expensive but it will also solve all your purposes and you will not have to dump the hardware you purchase right now as eventually your requirement pushes you towards a player like Dune.

Yeah but I anyways would be buying an AVR later, and can then buy WDTV Live (much cheaper) to play MKV files. I already have a ps3, so that can be used to play Bluray etc :)! Currently I just need a cheap player for playin mkv through USB (or even on DVD-R if USB not available in cheaper brands) and output sound through analog 5.1 :)!

A cheaper alternate would be to let go off your MKV's and try and check with your friends if they have AVI's for the same movie :)

Hopefully your player can play Divx/ AVI properly?And that you don't have tooooo many movies?

A cheaper alternate would be to let go off your MKV's and try and check with your friends if they have AVI's for the same movie :)

Hopefully your player can play Divx/ AVI properly?And that you don't have tooooo many movies?

Yeah, I guess Il just buy a dvd player which runs avi and gives 5.1 analog output. The one which came with the setup is already RIP :lol:!

One thing I wanted to ask about mkv....do they actually provide proper 720/1080P output with 5.1 channel sound?? Seeing the file size its really amazing if they can do that. A 720p xvid with 5.1 sound is normally 2gb-4gb in size!!

Hi Friends,
I am looking for a DVD or Bluray player which has 5.1 analog audio outputs (which I can connect to my sub-cum-amp which only has analog inputs) and can play .mkv files off USB without any stuttering (Sometimes the avi files played through my dvd player stutter when played through USB, but playing the same file on DVD-R works perfectly).

I would like the get the cheapest option available as later on I would be buying a better Bluray player which would be connected to an AVR with hdmi and optical inputs.

Try - Yamaha BD-S1900. Just as note - I don't know quality of this, had already asked in BDP review forum.
But expectation is that this is Yamaha and they make really good AV stuff.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back