Dvd club

pradski

Hello everybody,

I just thought I will share some idea I had.

Most of the DVD s are expensive. we can't buy pirated. Invariably the rentals will be pirated or spoilt.

I had this idea that some of the colleagues and friends get together to chip in and buy dvds and have a library couple of years back. Nobody was interested.

Recently I put forward this to newer colleagues. They agreed. And we have a DVD club.

It is nothing but a collection of like minded colleagues and friends who will chip in 200 bucks a month. We buy only original, good dvds. These are maintained like a library. And distributed among ourselves.
since first few months we will have very few collection, we thought we all will bring our collections and put in the library which will increase the count.

We have 10 people who have joined. We bought 4 movies. And with two bringing their collection we have around 70 dvd s in our library in the first week. Ofcourse many have not found time to bring their collection yet.

Advantages we will have new original collections. Flexible times. less damage.
And we own them.
Unlike audio cd video is always wasted after watching once.

I many of you can do this among your friend circle.

Just wanted to share if it helps

Cheers

Hello everybody,

I just thought I will share some idea I had.

Most of the DVD s are expensive. we can't buy pirated. Invariably the rentals will be pirated or spoilt.

I had this idea that some of the colleagues and friends get together to chip in and buy dvds and have a library couple of years back. Nobody was interested.

Recently I put forward this to newer colleagues. They agreed. And we have a DVD club.

It is nothing but a collection of like minded colleagues and friends who will chip in 200 bucks a month. We buy only original, good dvds. These are maintained like a library. And distributed among ourselves.
since first few months we will have very few collection, we thought we all will bring our collections and put in the library which will increase the count.

We have 10 people who have joined. We bought 4 movies. And with two bringing their collection we have around 70 dvd s in our library in the first week. Ofcourse many have not found time to bring their collection yet.

Advantages we will have new original collections. Flexible times. less damage.
And we own them.
Unlike audio cd video is always wasted after watching once.

I many of you can do this among your friend circle.

Just wanted to share if it helps

Cheers

Hi pradski,

Really a very good idea. Hopefully I should now find like minded individuals agreeable to the same idea and we can start something similar.

Vortex and moser,

Thanks a lot. We have 7 active members. 3 are dormant.

Anyway as the collection is growing, I can see lot of activity.
Initially lot of them will dump their bad collections including me. Once they realize they are enjoying they will trickle their collection.

We have new rule in our club. One month stand also is allowed. All they have to pay is 200 bucks and use our collection for a month. since all are colleagues some extra bucks will increase our new collection.

do let me know if you all can get something going like this.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back