DVD Play on Blu ray player

hifi1975

Hi ,
I have my projector set to play DVDs from my DVD player through S video.

Now i plan to get a blue ray player ..Most of the Blue ray players dont have Svideo out ..So cant use my 25 feet S Video cable to watch DVD output from Blue ray Player.

I am aware that i need to use HDMI out and Projectors HDMI IN for BRay

But , Can i watch DVD movies on BDP through HDMI out ( or ) will i need to have component out cable to get out put from DVD disks

If yes which BD player is unlocked for DVDs for all regions

Thanks in advance

Hi ,
I have my projector set to play DVDs from my DVD player through S video.

Now i plan to get a blue ray player ..Most of the Blue ray players dont have Svideo out ..So cant use my 25 feet S Video cable to watch DVD output from Blue ray Player.

I am aware that i need to use HDMI out and Projectors HDMI IN for BRay

But , Can i watch DVD movies on BDP through HDMI out ( or ) will i need to have component out cable to get out put from DVD disks

If yes which BD player is unlocked for DVDs for all regions

Thanks in advance

Better you buy Oppo-80/83(or yet to release oppo-93) which will play PAL/NTSC and all region DVD's combined with all region BD's. Most of the region free reputed Blu ray Players(except OPPO) which were hardware modified cannot play PAL region discs.

All the DVD's can be played/streamed thru HDMI;) and no need of component cable- If you still done have HDMI input in projector there are HDMI to component coverters are available in the market...I believe that need dont arise for you since your PJ is having HDMI/DVI input.

Hi,
How to buy the Oppo Blue ray player.. from 20North or direct from the oppo website. Please advice.

Buy thru 20North or direct bidding in eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and ship to borderlinx(if you are citi bank credit card holder-search this forum for further details)/Vpost for shipping to india.

Or post in wanted section in this forum and some members here holding the same may be willing to sell this.:)

Region free Blu ray player of chinese/taiwan make is in the market, which will cost around $175, that can suit your budget were available in ebay, still you will loose money in shipping and customs..

So better to stay away till you are comfortable with your budget:)

Region free i am looking for is only from DVD play perspective ..
BRay - Region A and all Regions disc play should be fine.

My brother is coming from US so dont have to give him shipping cost :)

I suggest you buy a Region A PS3 from US. It is great for playing blurays and upscaling DVDs as well. Another option is the Sherwood player which comes for around 5000 but I haven't ever tested Sherwood.

For a region free DVD player, I would suggest a local philips DVD player which can be region unlocked. I have been using Philips for more than 5 years now and it is great.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back