DVD player with FM and USB required

praveen6585

Hi!

I am looking out for a basic DVD player which should ideally have FM built in as well a USB connection.. I checked out some of the LG and Onida models but they have either one of these two options but not both. Do any other brands offer the features i am looking for and what will be the estimated price?

I am looking out for a basic DVD player which should ideally have FM built in as well a USB connection.

I have never heard of a DVD Player with a built in radio receiver. If it is available, it will one of those cheap brands that sell in flea markets and some supermarket.

If you want good quality, you will get a radio receiver only in an HTIB or an AVR.

Most modern DVD players have USB slots.

Cheers

I have never heard of a DVD Player with a built in radio receiver. If it is available, it will one of those cheap brands that sell in flea markets and some supermarket.

If you want good quality, you will get a radio receiver only in an HTIB or an AVR.

Most modern DVD players have USB slots.

Cheers

Venkat no - Samsung ,Onida & maybe LG is making dvd with FM

Anyway onida is not upto the mark , but we were planning one DVD player -usb & fm when I wws working with onida

ANY WAY JUST FOUND ONE SAMSUNG:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::yahoo::yahoo::licklips:

WITH USB AND FM

5.1 channel DVD player DVD-P480R - DVD Players - DVD players | SAMSUNG

DVD-P480R

Samsung availabality may be an issue but the quality is good IMHO better than LG....
check the manual

Venkat no - Samsung ,Onida & maybe LG is making dvd with FM

Thank you guys. Frankly this is news to me. I have never ever looked for anything in a DVD player other than the capacity to play a DVD. Just goes to show how short sighted one can be.

Cheers

Infact I am always thinking - why not add volume control ( a lot of dvd players have it-especially onida) ,2-3 of RCA inputs for av and one can have basic remote pre amp......

this is not at all audiophile but wll be good for a large population who listen to music connecting to 2 channel amp or 2 or 5.1 channel powered speakers...

In fact 80-90% or DVD players have 5.1 Dolby digital analouge out.. very fw have even DTS too . Now a good low cost HT can be achivd by connecting 5.1 multimedia speakers to it......( As it is most of Inian DVD software is Dolby Digital)

Thanks all.. the model suggested by unleash_me and Hemant fits the bill perfectly! the Samsung 480R.. with so many FM channels airing I thought it will be good if the dvd player can play FM too.. surprising to see that in such a competitive field only Samsung has come up with both features!

Thank you guys. Frankly this is news to me. I have never ever looked for anything in a DVD player other than the capacity to play a DVD. Just goes to show how short sighted one can be.

Cheers

Hey Venkat - I was also surprised when I saw this first in Oct of last year. Speaking to people in Samsung and LG, they said that it was a natural extension similar to DVD players supporting CD and digital music formats (mp3, wma etc.).

The one caveat with these players is that there is no antenna. So, one has to be careful depending on their location to see if they get clear signals.

Last edited:
Please check Samsung manual - it has antenna plug - I think it is regular 75 ohm one so than normal wire is sufficient as antenna...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back