Dvd recorder->a/v receiver->Tv connection problem

Awareness

I want to connect speakers to Tv.In the past I just connected audio out of satellite receiver's or Tv's to dvd-in of my a/v receiver's.The problem was,I think it influenced my previous dvd recorder in a bad way.After connecting it,some strange sounds started to come from my dvd recorder.I sometimes connected in this way to Tv,and sometimes removed all cables and connected my a/v receiver to my Pc,and there is no problem with Pc.But unfortunately,my previous dvd recorded started not to record onto any dvd.I am almost %100 sure that my a/v receiver connection caused this.

But why does this connection influence my dvd recorder in a bad way and not my Pc?I am told that I should connect in this way:

dvd recorder's video out>a/v receiver's dvd-rw video in
dvd recorder optical out >a/v receiver's optical in
a/v receiver's dvd-rw audio and video out>dvd recorder in
Satellite receiver audio & video out > a/v receiver sat audio and video in
a/v receiver's monitor out>TV's video in

I used standard rca cables and a scart cable(one of the tips is scart and other tip is three RCA cable)

Is using video outputs-inputs a must?Why not just using audio inputs-outputs?

I tried this connection.But there was a problem.No problem with the satellite receiver,but when I select dvrw/vcr mode from a/v receiver,the dvd recorder's menu on Tv becomes an abnormal picture,menu's shapes become abnormal shapes.And when I try to record a Tv programme,it records very badly.sometimes blank display sometimes moving display sometimes very bad,out of order pictures.

When I switch to Tv/sat mode from a/v receiver,no problem with the Tv programme(not recorded of course),the display is very good.But when I switch back to dvrw/vcr mode,problems begin again.

I noticed that,if I don't use "a/v receiver dvdrw/vcr video output > dvr-vcr video in" no problem happens with the dvd recorder's menu,the menu display is nice.But of course it is not able to record Tv programme's.

I tried almost every setting with dvd recorder's options under it's menu options about video but they didn't work...

I don't think that the problem is about "a/v receiver dvdrw/vcr vide output > dvr-vcr video in"'s cable,because I tried the same cable with Satellite Receiver(with a different connection) instead of dvd recorder and there was no problem with the display.

Seems like I hadn't tested video out cable well.Yesterday I tested it with satellite receiver out->dvd recorder in and the same problem I had with dvd recorder->a/v receiver reappeared.Then I found a similar cable at home,tried with it,and it solved the problem.So the problem was with that video out cable.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back