dvds in chennai

manofernando

can anyone tell me where i can get these titles here in chennai. the three kings, the peace maker .

mano fernando

Mano:

Peacemaker and The Three Kings were on sale (3 for the price of 2) at Landmark. I am not sure they are yet available.

The options are:

1. Landmark in Nungambakkam, Spencers Plaza, or City Center.
2. Odyssey in Adyar.
3. Music World in Spencer Plaza.

If none of these work check with the following shop. You can also give him a call and check. He has a lot of CDs and DVDs, but may not understand what you want if it is not in Tamil.

Adyar CD World
18, Gokul Arcade (Basement)
2, Sardar Patl Road, Adyar, Chennai - 600 020
2445 6282.

Cheers

Venkat - that about covers the DVD scene here in Chennai.

What are your thoughts about these rental services like seventymm or Bigflix? Do you have any experience? I have been thinking of signing up with one of them for unfettered DVD access. Any thoughts?

What are your thoughts about these rental services like seventymm or Bigflix? Do you have any experience? I have been thinking of signing up with one of them for unfettered DVD access. Any thoughts?

Vortex, I rent DVDs from a shop near my house in a place called Vannadurai. I don't pay him if the DVD is bad. I don't have any experience with 70MM Bigflix. I believe Cinema Paradiso and Tic Tac in Alwarpet are good. There is also a Nathan's video with whom I had a fight. He fines me if I return the DVD a bit late. And he charges double for what he calls 'US Make' DVDs.

Cheers

thevortex,

Don't know if this helps...

I am based in Hyderabad so cannot really talk about Chennai, but I am subscribed to Seventymm and the service is good. It is way cheaper/economical than my local DVD rental who used to charge me Rs. 40 per day and yes would double the amount if I did not return in 24 hours. With Seventymm they will deliver and pick up the DVDs and based on the package you sign up for you can have 1-3 DVDs per day and also keep them as long as you want. Alternatively you can have 1-3 DVDs delivered daily and have them replaced with new movies the next day. Their collection is way extensive compared to the local DVD rental guys and their service is good. Quality of DVDs too is good, I have had only one instance of a DVD not playing because it was scratched.

Just the facts that you don't have to drive down to the local DVD rental guy saving on time and fuel, and Seventymm costs being a whole lot cheaper makes the online DVD rental system an outright winner. I have no idea about BigFlix, but a friend signed up with them for Rs. 1800 for an entire year, some offer on ICICI credit card he said. I am not sure if their service is good or bad, but I will check and post on the same.

Hope this helps...

Hi Moserw,

Me too based in hyderabad. Like venkatcr mentioned abt 'US' make dvd's. You can find one in Cinema Paradise/o(must be the same). They used to charge 2K for ayear and 100 rs for each dvd(rs 200 first year). they are a subsidary of the parent company in canada. The VD's all are ultra resolution(the best i guess:))

The shop is below vetor Systems, Nagarjuna Circle. Just go check it. Its worth. The rates were some 3 years back when I went .

If any of u check let us in this forum know too:D

Anyday shulkd be better to Biglix or Seventy mm but darn costly(if u look it that way)

Hi Moserw,

Me too based in hyderabad. Like venkatcr mentioned abt 'US' make dvd's. You can find one in Cinema Paradise/o(must be the same). They used to charge 2K for ayear and 100 rs for each dvd(rs 200 first year). they are a subsidary of the parent company in canada. The VD's all are ultra resolution(the best i guess:))

The shop is below vetor Systems, Nagarjuna Circle. Just go check it. Its worth. The rates were some 3 years back when I went .

If any of u check let us in this forum know too:D

Anyday shulkd be better to Biglix or Seventy mm but darn costly(if u look it that way)

Hi anooj,

I did check out Cinema Paradiso a couple of years ago and yes their collection indeed was very extensive and very good. They were (still probably are) cost prohibitive though, but I will pay them a visit and see if their prices have come down. A couple of years ago my cousin did end up signing up with them, but it was not feasible to me since they are located quite far from where I am located. Even now that same issue exists since I am not looking forward to driving in heavy Panjagutta traffic to deliver and collect DVDs. But I do believe you can keep the DVDs for a week or so with them, but I will need to verify it.

Coming to Seventymm, well the quality of their DVDs is quite good especially the imported ones. Yeah, Seventymm is sending me DVDs made in Thailand, Malaysia, etc. and other regions I am not aware of. In fact they refuse to play in my Philips which is region coded for India being purchased here. I do however have a Sony bought in the US that plays these DVDs fine and their quality is pretty good with them being on dual layer DVDs in fact.

Vortex, I rent DVDs from a shop near my house in a place called Vannadurai. I don't pay him if the DVD is bad. I don't have any experience with 70MM Bigflix. I believe Cinema Paradiso and Tic Tac in Alwarpet are good. There is also a Nathan's video with whom I had a fight. He fines me if I return the DVD a bit late. And he charges double for what he calls 'US Make' DVDs.

Cheers

I remember that shop, Venkat. I used to rent from him when I stayed at Indra Nagar.

I am not near that area now, so am looking at these internet services. Let me see. I might try one of those. If I do I will be sure to come back with a review.

Guys,i'm renting from bigflix,and u can rent unlimited dvds at a starting subscription of 300 P.M.They have a good collection of English,Hindi movies and also tv series like prison break,lost etc.
I suggest you guys to give it a shot.

Vj

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me if BigFlix or 70MM have concert/live music DVD's in their inventory? Thanks.

Venkat,
I totally agree with you on the attitude that customers get from Nathan's. I think 70MM or BigFlix might be the way to go for the future.

Cheers!

Hi all,
Could anyone tell me if BigFlix or 70MM have concert/live music DVD's in their inventory? Thanks.

Venkat,
I totally agree with you on the attitude that customers get from Nathan's. I think 70MM or BigFlix might be the way to go for the future.

Cheers!

Hi grubyhalo,

You can sign up with both of them and check their inventory before going ahead and making payment. I have signed up with both. Let me check if they have any concert videos on their roster. I will post back concerning the same, but you can also sign up with them and that too without making any payment and check out their collection.

I had signed up with BigFlix for a month, but later withdrew the membership. They carry DVD's that are available in any Indian Store. So one won't get Region 1 DVD's which I have found have far better PQ than their Region 3 or 5 counterparts. They deliver and collect DVD's without any late penalty. You can queue the DVD's you want on the BigFlix site, but a glitch I found is that sometimes the DVD's that I ordered were never delivered to me, but were shown as "delivered" under my account on the site, and I had to queue them all over again.

Hi all,

Venkat,

Cheers!

Hi grubyhalo,

Could not find what you are looking for in Seventymm or BigFlix. Guess the only option is to purchase them at the local music store or better still import them from abroad.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back