DVDs on Amazon

@jeevabobby26 - You can just add whatever you want to buy to the cart & see how much shipping they are charging you..

Recently I bought Planet Earth (bluray, 5 disc pack), its a documentary, from Amazon UK, i was charged 3.58 pound, it reached me at Bangalore on the 5th day!!! There was no customs charges!! Also I had marked as a gift!!

@jeevabobby26 - You can just add whatever you want to buy to the cart & see how much shipping they are charging you..

Recently I bought Planet Earth (bluray, 5 disc pack), its a documentary, from Amazon UK, i was charged 3.58 pound, it reached me at Bangalore on the 5th day!!! There was no customs charges!! Also I had marked as a gift!!

3.58 pounds for Planet Earth Blu-Ray? Are u serious? Or ru just mentioning the shipping cost? btw, did u have any region code issues with the disc?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Planet-Eart...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1239822435&sr=8-1

its 25 pounds.

Planet Earth (bluray) is region free, it plays fine in my Indian PS3, total its cost was 25.3 pounds (including 3.58 pounds for shipping)

Planet Earth (bluray) is region free, it plays fine in my Indian PS3, total its cost was 25.3 pounds (including 3.58 pounds for shipping)

hmm...okay. and how long did they take to process ur payment? what credit card do u have? (sorry for asking all this, but i have wanted to transact over the internet but have always been deterred by security hassles.)

I used my ICICI credit card, placed my order on sunday, shipped on monday & delivered on saturday!!!

In the amazon page Planet Earth's price is shown as 25 pounds, but when added to cart it becomes 21.72 + 3.58 (shipping) = 25.3 pounds!!!

I used my ICICI credit card, placed my order on sunday, shipped on monday & delivered on saturday!!!

In the amazon page Planet Earth's price is shown as 25 pounds, but when added to cart it becomes 21.72 + 3.58 (shipping) = 25.3 pounds!!!

thanks! and what browser ru using? Firefox? what precautions did u take to make sure that ur credit card info remains protected?

I use Firefox, Amazon is quite safe to transact with, they have an option to store your Credit card details in your accounts so that everytime you dont have to enter the details but I think its optional!!!

Keep in mind to mark your orders as gifts to avoid customs duties, although its not a guarantee!!!

I use Firefox, Amazon is quite safe to transact with, they have an option to store your Credit card details in your accounts so that everytime you dont have to enter the details but I think its optional!!!

Keep in mind to mark your orders as gifts to avoid customs duties, although its not a guarantee!!!

okay! thanks again! btw is it better to buy from amazon UK or amazon US?

Both are same, never ordered anything from Amazon US, but I think shipping from Amazon Uk would reach us in India faster!!!

Thanks skdmrk buddy for all information you have provided.

I ordered a couple of times from amazon.uk One consignment came through in 10 days. The other didnt arrive. I sent a mail to amazon and they promptly resent the stuff, which arrived in a week's time. Then to my surprise, the lost consignment turned up after three months. Dont know where it was. Maybe the postmen watched the dvds that long :D

I informed amazon about the re-appearance of the lost stuff. They didnt want it back and suggested I donate it to oxfam or some such..

So you are safe with the money..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back