DVI male to HDMI female adaptor

mahiruha

Hello,
I am looking for Gold Plated 29pin DVI-I Male -19pin HDMI Female adapter in Bangalore. Does anybody know any shop in Bangalore who stocks this stuff?
Thanks in advance,
Mahi.

Hi Mahi,

In Bangalore, SP Road is the best place to check out. But if you need branded ones, then you must check with some vendors before you go to SP Road. I havent checked on the DVI to HDMI since i dont have an HDTV right now.

I had recently purchased a DVI Male to Comp converter cable from SP Road for ~ 450/-

cheers
Prashant

Hello,
I am looking for Gold Plated 29pin DVI-I Male -19pin HDMI Female adapter in Bangalore. Does anybody know any shop in Bangalore who stocks this stuff?
Thanks in advance,
Mahi.

Hi. Did you get this product? I had recently bought this MX adapter for Rs. 380.00, in Mumbai.

Hi. Did you get this product? I had recently bought this MX adapter for Rs. 380.00, in Mumbai.

Hello Reju,
yes I got that product from ebay website. A guy from delhi was selling that. DVI-I to HDMI adapter is bit difficult to locate.In my view DVI-D to HDMI adapter is sufficient we really don't need DVI-I.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

Oh, I overlooked the "DVI-I". I don't think such converters are available. Only DVI-D to HDMI is possible as HDMI cannot handle any analogue signals.

Oh, I overlooked the "DVI-I". I don't think such converters are available. Only DVI-D to HDMI is possible as HDMI cannot handle any analogue signals.

Hello Reju,
DVI-I is available. The one I got is DVI-I to HDMI adapter. My relative is using Sharp PGF-320W projector and it has DVI-I connection. There is something called HDCP compliance. I am not sure if there is DVI-I connector with HDCP compliance and if we want to connect it using adapter then in order to comply with HDCP should we use DVI-I or DVI-D will also do the job.In my opinion theoritically DVI-D should do the job since we are transmitting digital signal. But not too sure about it.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

Hello Reju,
DVI-I is available. The one I got is DVI-I to HDMI adapter. My relative is using Sharp PGF-320W projector and it has DVI-I connection. There is something called HDCP compliance. I am not sure if there is DVI-I connector with HDCP compliance and if we want to connect it using adapter then in order to comply with HDCP should we use DVI-I or DVI-D will also do the job.In my opinion theoritically DVI-D should do the job since we are transmitting digital signal. But not too sure about it.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

Are you sure it is DVI-I??

DVI-I is for handling digital as well as analogue signals. But since HDMI handles only digital signals, what is the point of making DVD-I to HDMI adapters? They maybe just physical connectors without analogue function.

Have attached the pictures here:
dual-dvi.jpg

* DVI-digital (DVI-D) is a digital-only format. It requires a video adapter with a DVI-D connection and a monitor with a DVI-D input. The connector contains 24 pins/receptacles in 3 rows of 8 plus a grounding slot for dual-link support. For single-link support, the connector contains 18 pins/receptacles.
* DVI-integrated (DVI-I) supports both digital and analog transmissions. This gives you the option to connect a monitor that accepts digital input or analog input. In addition to the pins/receptacles found on the DVI-D connector for digital support, a DVI-I connector has 4 additional pins/receptacles to carry an analog signal.

Check here for more info: http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_cables.html

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back