Dynamics in a pocket size Benchmark DAC Pre

gobble

Hello Folks

There are reviewers who claim since a preamp deals only smaller voltages, large power supply is not needed to create dynamics as it is the power amps job.

How is the Benchmark DAC Pre with dynamics and microdynamics when used as a preamp? Anyone uses one here?

TIA
Regards

Hello Folks

There are reviewers who claim since a preamp deals only smaller voltages, large power supply is not needed to create dynamics as it is the power amps job.

How is the Benchmark DAC Pre with dynamics and microdynamics when used as a preamp? Anyone uses one here?

TIA
Regards

I had auditioned Benchmark DAC recently. Its very revealing but sounds pretty digital to me. All the sounds are there, you can hear them loud and clear...but you cant hear the music. Speakers used were Focal 1027Be and amp was Bel Canto s300.

Its only my personal opinion and some people prefer such clinical sounding setups.

Finally settled for a Lavry DA11, which was perhaps a little less detailed but more rounded in its presentation. Not fatiguing like the Benchmark. Micro dynamics are better on Benchmark though.

I had auditioned Benchmark DAC recently. Its very revealing but sounds pretty digital to me. All the sounds are there, you can hear them loud and clear...but you cant hear the music. Speakers used were Focal 1027Be and amp was Bel Canto s300.

Its only my personal opinion and some people prefer such clinical sounding setups.

Finally settled for a Lavry DA11, which was perhaps a little less detailed but more rounded in its presentation. Not fatiguing like the Benchmark. Micro dynamics are better on Benchmark though.

Thank you Berg. Your opinion tallies with other Internet reviews. How were the macro-dynamics? Can it move from soft passages to a cresendo with great elan and precision?

TIA
Regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back