Dynaudio with NAD?

When I researched local pricing, it was very high markup.
Something like 60-70%. A non-starter for me.
So I chose to get it from US. Pricing is very reasonable.
Preamp is a new unit, Power amp is a B-stock (slightly used at a trade-show or something)

If possible, audition locally, check pricing and see if it makes sense to you.
If you like a product, but it seems priced high, find a mule service :)
Cheers,
Raghu

When I researched local pricing, it was very high markup.
Something like 60-70%. A non-starter for me.
So I chose to get it from US. Pricing is very reasonable.
Preamp is a new unit, Power amp is a B-stock (slightly used at a trade-show or something)

If possible, audition locally, check pricing and see if it makes sense to you.
If you like a product, but it seems priced high, find a mule service :)
Cheers,
Raghu
Yes, we always have to face such ridiculous pricing here. "Mule service" for me is difficult for such bulky products. Hope your nice friends are reading this. :).

Yes, we always have to face such ridiculous pricing here. "Mule service" for me is difficult for such bulky products. Hope your nice friends are reading this. :).
If you haven't read it, check this thread.

The units I got are not really bulky
Cheers,
Raghu

I do have the 356 which I could not check with the M20 yet. The 356 will handle them with ease. Pricing of both the Yamaha's are much below my budget. (Hope to get some feedback on that combo). Rega brio and the 6000A are a touch above for new. If the 356 works well then problem solved.
I do have the 356 which I could not check with the M20 yet. The 356 will handle them with ease. Pricing of both the Yamaha's are much below my budget. (Hope to get some feedback on that combo). Rega brio and the 6000A are a touch above for new. If the 356 works well then problem solved.
Just to clarify the series i mentioned reviewed with dyn in websites are the new NAD classD hybrid digital amp series and not the classic series

Finally had some time and inclination to set up the NAD 356 Bee amp with Dynaudio M20 with Paradigm PW Link streamer. Played a set of known tracks several times. NAD 356 was hooked up as Poweramp and as integrated. As Poweramp, the volume control was not very comfortable to control from the app but very manageable. Hooked up streamer to NAD line in. I must say that the SQ in Integrated mode is very very good. No sibilance or brightness. Bass is very controlled and tight. Mids and vocals are quite nice. Used DAC brand RCA and 14 awg speaker wire. The bass and bottom end was a touch lacking with Belden 14 awg wire. I have been informed that Belden takes about 100 hours or so for break in. That's about a year's worth of listening so really wouldn't know.

Bottom line is that it's quite pleasant, but the NAD 356 is definitely not going to cut it for the M20 for it to really shine.

The newer dynaudio
Including the emit are not as difficult to drive

Though i have heard the emit with a couple if Amps ( some of them a bit expensive )

Funnily the musical fidelity drove them.nicely
( I say funnily because it's not one of my favorite amps)
However the combination did sound good

I have heard the contour and parasound combination too
It too sounded nice as well

Depending on your budget you could consider these options

If you have no budget
Get the luxman or an accuphase
Both of which actually are not justified for this speaker though

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back