Edifier Owners Thread

Black_Hawk

Hello FMs,

I would like to start this thread for the ones here who own Edifier Speakers/ Subwoofers. It will be nice to know which Edifier model/ models they use and also what their impressions have been so far using them and also if they faced any niggles, issues with their speakers.

As for myself, I own these 2 sets from Edifier:

- Edifier R1700BT

I use the Edifier R1700BT connected to my MI Box 4K where I watch shows Netflix and other streaming Apps in my bedroom. They sound rather decent and for shows and sometimes light music through Bluetooth they do their job well.

- Edifier S1000DB

The Edifier S1000DB is connected to my Audio PC via a Khadas Tone Board (RCA). I usually play FLAC files through JRiver MC and these sound volumes better than the R1700BT (albeit they are much more expensive as well). The bass is controlled (never boomy), mids are beautifully rendered and these offer a very nice, plush audio output. One thing though, these required quite a long burn-in period after I got them and after about 2 months of use I really started loving these guys! I've had them now for almost 2 years and enjoy listening to them a whole lot. These are currently placed on Ultimate Support (JSMS70) stands and are actually quite heavy at about 10kgs each.

So far I have been really happy with my Edifiers. Looking forward to seeing more experiences from FMs who own Edifiers here.

Edifiers are fantastic value for money. Way back when, I mean more than a decade back I used to have an Edifier 5.1 setup along with Creative SoundBlaster and later Asus Xonar PCI cards. That Edifier made sweet music to my ears then in stereo mode. This was right at the end of my 'computer multimedia' path, after the Edifiers I jumped into Yamaha receiver and Sonodyne bookshelves, the rest as they say is history. A history of credit card debts and empty bank accounts. :D

I now have Edifier R1280T on my desk, connected to my laptop with Creative SoundBlaster X. The enjoyment quotient with these speakers are off the roof. Don't look for audiophile terms and sensitivities, nope, this is for fun listening while at work. Stress buster and pure fun, I love these.

I have recommended Edifier to quite a few of my friends and none of them have been disappointed, I love what Edifier does and at this price point too.

I too started my audio journey with an edifier R1700bt. It was connected with a raspberry pi 4b and Allo Boss dac for streaming Spotify. I had enjoyed this setup almost 2 years and these edifiers doing my TV audio duty now. These are really value for money product, especially you are in a budget.

It was one of my earlier speakers - 1850db

I didn't have that good an experience with it.

Rather prefered by old Harman Kardon Soundsticks Wireless

My Edifier C2 (2.1 computer amp+speakers) amp's RCA connector for subwoofer has gone bad. I tried opening up the amp but it looks like its glued shut? Any tips?

They have launched the AirPulse series.
The top of the line 300Pro active speakers costs 1400 dollars.

I'm thinking of getting an edifier r2000db as tabletop pc speakers mostly for listening to music. They're available at Rs. 13,761 on flipkart currently. What do you guys think?

I am almost about to pull the plug on edifier s3000pro speakers after listening to zreviews. Does anybody here own them? Any feedback?

Im on a Edifier S100DB since about a year.
Doubles up as a TV Speaker for LG C1 and Spotify Player through MiBox ; have hooked up through Topping DAC . No complaints.

Was earlier on a Denon AVR with some Tannoy Bookshelves , this setup blows them out of the water.

Long time C2 user. Once the power capacitor blown and got it replaced with a higher capacity, post that the bass was even better. I suppose in most of the models amps are/were using Tripath chips. It was company of VFM products, but now all gone to the roof. I still use it for my TV audio setup thats close to 10 years of usage.

Edifiers are fantastic value for money. Way back when, I mean more than a decade back I used to have an Edifier 5.1 setup along with Creative SoundBlaster and later Asus Xonar PCI cards. That Edifier made sweet music to my ears then in stereo mode. This was right at the end of my 'computer multimedia' path, after the Edifiers I jumped into Yamaha receiver and Sonodyne bookshelves, the rest as they say is history. A history of credit card debts and empty bank accounts. :D

I now have Edifier R1280T on my desk, connected to my laptop with Creative SoundBlaster X. The enjoyment quotient with these speakers are off the roof. Don't look for audiophile terms and sensitivities, nope, this is for fun listening while at work. Stress buster and pure fun, I love these.

I have recommended Edifier to quite a few of my friends and none of them have been disappointed, I love what Edifier does and at this price point too.
me too I have an edifier 1280t connected to Marantz TT5005. I opted for these two to start with into the Vinyl music world.. I'm extremely happy with the sound output.

Just got my pair of edifier s3000 pro today. I have to say , i am blown away by the quality of sound these bookshelves produces. I have been an owner of dali opticon6. These speakers can easily stand toe to toe with twice or thrice costlier speakers like kef lsx without breaking a sweat. Very happy with my purchase.

Thanks Ashwin84. Perfect timing i am on the hunt to get more and more info on s3000 before i take the plunge as 50K is a big amount to spend

So few questions if you or anyone with S3000 can let me know :

1) How much can the bass be controlled ? it will be used by multiple ppl in my family and elders in my home may prefer as minimum bass and more vocal clarity

2) If i connect them to TV via 3.5mm to RCA cable , can i control the master volume by TV remote ? Or do i have to use s3000 remote only ?

3) These are speakers with ported woofer hole at the back. Will there be any issue if I use them in a cabinet with barely any space between Back wall of speaker and cabinet wall ? or is it like necessary to keep couple of feet breathing room for the ports

4) When i turn off and turn on does it remember last input source and last volume or its back to zero ?

thanks in advance

Thanks Ashwin84. Perfect timing i am on the hunt to get more and more info on s3000 before i take the plunge as 50K is a big amount to spend

So few questions if you or anyone with S3000 can let me know :

1) How much can the bass be controlled ? it will be used by multiple ppl in my family and elders in my home may prefer as minimum bass and more vocal clarity

2) If i connect them to TV via 3.5mm to RCA cable , can i control the master volume by TV remote ? Or do i have to use s3000 remote only ?

3) These are speakers with ported woofer hole at the back. Will there be any issue if I use them in a cabinet with barely any space between Back wall of speaker and cabinet wall ? or is it like necessary to keep couple of feet breathing room for the ports

4) When i turn off and turn on does it remember last input source and last volume or its back to zero ?

thanks in advance
1. Bass is more than enough for any room . For my small 12*13 room size where my sitting position is close to rear wall, i have to turn down bass knob quite a bit. At around 3-4 clicks its enough for me. You can use your phone's music app eq to control the bass or treble even further.
2. I have not tested that yet. I am using an amazon basics hdmi to audio extractor to connect with speakers. Will test it later and let you know.
3. Give them a breathing space to shine.
4. It remembers last input source and volume. But resets the dsp mode to classic.

Hello FMs,

I have got a pair of Edifier 1855DB primarily for music. Bluetooth and Optical were the intended connection options I had planned. However, when I tried connecting the speakers to my spare TV via optical cable received in the box, it doesn't seems like working. Tried the same option with another optical cable received for my YAS sound bar, it worked perfect on keeping the Digital Output as PCM (doesn't work on others). Tried connecting via RCA cable, that didn't work either. Am I missing something here or both the cables are faulty (which I believe is not the case).

Thank you!

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back