Emotiva UPA-2 ordered

audiodelic

Just ordered the Emotiva UPA-2 directly from emotiva.
UPA-2 $349.00
Freight $176.86 FedEx Economy
Total $525.86

The plan is to now carry the beresford caiman, upa-2 to demo speakers at dealers so that i check the matching firstly and then pick up the speakers depending on which i like best with the emotiva.

Hope the caiman makes a good enough pre-amp. Is there anything ill actually gain by adding a preamp or is the less components in the signal chain the better approach ?

Just ordered the Emotiva UPA-2 directly from emotiva.
UPA-2 $349.00
Freight $176.86 FedEx Economy
Total $525.86

The plan is to now carry the beresford caiman, upa-2 to demo speakers at dealers so that i check the matching firstly and then pick up the speakers depending on which i like best with the emotiva.

Hope the caiman makes a good enough pre-amp. Is there anything ill actually gain by adding a preamp or is the less components in the signal chain the better approach ?

Freight charges half price of the UPA-2 , I hope its worth the money bro.

Good luck with your auditions.

Kittu

I guess that's a good approach when you have only digital inputs. So your power amp would come to around 30k INR landed in India. If you are buying an integrated amp cost say 45k INR I don't think the power amp section in it will be as good as the power amp you ordered for 30k INR. All the money goes to the analog inputs/pre amp section which you never use.
When you have a pre amp in DAC you don't need pre amp again in the integrated amp.

Do post your impressions once you receive it.:clapping:

I guess that's a good approach when you have only digital inputs. So your power amp would come to around 30k INR landed in India. If you are buying an integrated amp cost say 45k INR I don't think the power amp section in it will be as good as the power amp you ordered for 30k INR. All the money goes to the analog inputs/pre amp section which you never use.
When you have a pre amp in DAC you don't need pre amp again in the integrated amp.

Do post your impressions once you receive it.:clapping:

Ya that was in my mind since all the nad integrated from the lowest to the highest spec were starting at 40k and going upto 1 lakh.

Also that i much preferred the krell s300i sound to the nad's rolled off highs overly polite sound which might just become boring over some years of listening. The fact/rumor that emotiva's parent company jade design oem's equipment for krell and sunfire doesn't hurt. :eek:hyeah:

Once i receive the amplifier i plan to demo psb/focal/epos with the emotiva.

If i find some atc/proac users or dealers in delhi that would be icing on the cake.

Just received the emo. Had to pay 6000 for customs.This thing is heavy is all i can say and built like a tank.

Ive asked ashish@lakozy that i can drop the off the amplifier at lakozy delhi so that he can burn it in and also maybe check psb-emotiva pairing.

Then maybe one of these saturdays i will go demo the synchrony one/two with emotiva/beresford caiman dac.

will keep u guys posted, i also plan to demo the emotiva with focal, epos too maybe if im not too tired lugging this thing around.

i think the landed cost of your 2 channel amp gets around 30000 , you can get very respectable 2 channel amps here in india for that price.

Congrats audiodelic. 6k for customs is not bad for such an amp. Less than 30k is a good price :clapping:

i think the landed cost of your 2 channel amp gets around 30000 , you can get very respectable 2 channel amps here in india for that price.
@acoustics
His requirement is to get a power amp as he want to use his Caiman dac as a pre-amp. For that price he will get a 50W/ch integrated amp. That power amp with 125W/ch cost him same as a 50W/ch integrated amp.

Congrats audiodelic. 6k for customs is not bad for such an amp. Less than 30k is a good price :clapping:
@acoustics
His requirement is to get a power amp as he want to use his Caiman dac as a pre-amp. For that price he will get a 50W/ch integrated amp. That power amp with 125W/ch cost him same as a 50W/ch integrated amp.

That was exactly my frame of thought. I think it would be hard to get that 125 real watts @ the quality emotiva is known for. In India these level of amplifiers would be all branded stuff which are way more expensive.The nad 275bee power amplifier doing 150 watts i think is around 80,000 in India.

Emotiva's parent company jade design does oem work for sunfire and many other big audiophile uber expensive brands, i think that and pro review/ forum reviews speaks a lot about emo's build quality/sound.

I suppose you mean stereo amp not integrated amp,right? Since the UPA2 is a stereo amp, one would need to compare it with that rather than an integrated.

For 30k INR I don't think there are any power amps in the market except decent 50W/ch integrated amps.
As far as OP's requirement is concerned going for a power amp is a good decision. I hope it works well using the DAC as the pre-amp.
I spent more than the money for an 80W/ch integrated amp than OP spent on a 125W/ch power amp. I never use more than one input on my integrated amp as all my digital sources come through the DAC which defeats the purpose of owning an integrated amp which has endless possibility of connecting analog sources.

Today i dropped off the emotiva upa-2 @ lakozy delhi with ashish. He is going to burn it in for me and maybe over the weekend i will go demo psb synchrony.

Ashish can you also post a review of the amplifier .... maybe a comparison to the nad sound also.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back