Emotiva X-Ref 10 Subwoofer on sale, shipped to India/possible group buy?

gnkapadia

Hi Guys,
I have been on the search for a matching subwoofer. While reading some reviews, I came across this Sub which seems impressive:

Emotiva Audio | X-Ref 10 DSP Powered Subwoofer

They also ship internationally and hence I send them a mail for the shipping rates. This is the reply I received:

X-ref sub 10 $419.00
Freight $229.69 FedEx Economy
Total $648.69

We accept PayPal and bank transfers for international orders. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your interest in our products

Sarah Terry
Office Manager
Emotiva Audio Corporation

My questions here:
1) Your views/review on this Sub
2) Is it worth the price? And what would be the approx custom duty on it?
3) If anyone else is also interested, can we look at a possible group buy?

Warm Regards,
Gaurav

Hi,

The sub has good reviews overall and has been rated to outperform many higher priced ones (in fact all emo products). One of the forum member has imported entire range (FS, center, SR & sub) few months back. Do not recollect the name but you can search / contact him to check actual performance. I think it was Ref 12 sub.

Please note that unlike all other products (amp & processors) which are universal (110-230 volts), emo subs are rated at 110 v only, so you will need a good step down transformer to operate that in India. Also keep an eye on exchange rate. Rupee went below INR 52 per US$ as on yesterday. As regards to duty / taxes, add another 25-30% on entire value (product + shipping)

It seems there will be additional discounts on all Emo products this Friday. Got an email (since I own UMC-1 pre-pro & UPA-7) titled as "blue Friday" and will be applicable only during the 8 am to 8 pm EST timeframe on this friday. Interested ppl can visit the emo page during this time and order goods.

Regards,

Amit

Hi Amit,
Thanks for the update...I think this the first Emo sub to be compatible with 230V. Copying part of the specs from the website:
Input Voltage: 120 VAC 50/60 Hz or 230 VAC 50/60 Hz auto detecting.
I'm tempted to order it tomorrow(Black friday).
Warm regards,
Gaurav

Check the customs tax and duty charges. And see the $ value now , all in all if it adds up close to 40k , it is better to buy an SVS or Velodyne CHT subs locally.:)

Which SVS sub is available @approx 40k and does Audire still sell them? N e contact no or email id? Any idea how the 40k SVS would stack up against this Emo?

Thanks guys. Though I'm more confused than before. Also if someone can answer my earlier question, how does this stack up against the SVS/HSU in a similar price range...One of the forums I read seemed to suggest that this sub(X-ref) outperforms the other subs(including SVS n HSU)...
@ Kittu: ARN website does not show SVS in the Sub list...will however contact them.
@ Spirovious: Emo also is auto detecting 110-230V...

X-ref sub 10 $419.00
Freight $229.69 FedEx Economy
Total $648.69

Is it worth the price?

Absolutely worth for $419.00.
Certainly not worth for $648.69 + customs.

Look out for some options locally.... That will take care of warranty issues as well..

Subs are heavy items , just imagine the costs of shipping back incase of fault or repair in future.

Got mail from Sarah (emotiva), the blue(black) Friday items are not there on the site for sale currently.... Does it mean that Some other new products will be put for sale , I could see almost all of the items are in "holiday day sale "

-------------------------------
Please note that the ERC-2 and UPA-2 are shipping in early December & The models in the Black Friday sale are not currently for sale on the site.
--------------------------------

Regards

Subs are heavy items , just imagine the costs of shipping back incase of fault or repair in future.

Frankly, after my US purchases, one thing I have learnt is only buy from the US, if the total costs are 50% of India costs. As in that case, worst case, you can buy a second product. Otherwise, its not worth the risk.

Hi Amit,
Thanks for the update...I think this the first Emo sub to be compatible with 230V. Copying part of the specs from the website:
Input Voltage: 120 VAC 50/60 Hz or 230 VAC 50/60 Hz auto detecting.
I'm tempted to order it tomorrow(Black friday).
Warm regards,
Gaurav

emo has free shipping within united states. so shipping to a logistics provider such as borderlinx may make sense.

when i last checked - direct delivery from emotiva was more expensive than emo->borderlinx-> india. of course, as of today YMMV

also worth noting is that custom duty is calculated on price+shipping; therefore a lower shipping cost woudl mean lower custom duties as well.

regards

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back